Twinkle
This is a response I put on someone else's post who just experienced the same thing - having to put her cat to sleep...  This will be my first night without Twinkle in 12 years...  I know I'm going to cry myself to sleep praying...

I had to put Twinkle down today and am in the same shape.  I can't stop crying.  I have never done that before and the immediacy of it shocked me and I didn't really know what to expect...  But I was crying then and am crying now...  I loved him sooooo much.  They were going to put him down when I got him out of the pound twelve years ago bc he had a cold and he had a cold today, too - he's been very, very sick for about four months now with liver disease.  He has been completely yellow with a very high billirubim count...  I gave him everything they told me to, meds, daily injections of fluids...  I had to hand feed him and squirt water down his throat bc he wouldn't eat of drink anymore.   I had to pick him up out of the litter box bc he couldn't get out and the past two days had to carry him from place to place.  Last night I looked at him and I knew...  He was truly suffering and it was killing me.  He slept on the bed with me again and I woke up and continued to "know."  I have cried all day long...  I have felt guilt, remorse, shock, acute gutwrenching, heartbreaking pain that is different...  I am exhausted...  God bless us all with the peace that passes all understanding that only He can bring.  Caron, Twinkle's Mom
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Twinkle's Mom,

I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard. It is so difficult to help a beloved pet go to The Bridge. My heart aches for you at this time. I still cry for no apparent reason even though its been just over 4 months. I'm told in time this will pass, I don't know.

Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you today as you continue to grieve for Twinkle.

Tell us more about your loved Twinkle-it does help.

Please visit my Jasmine at: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm

Hugs,

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine

Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
yoopernewsman
Dear Caron,

We lost our Millie (not a dog but rather a family member) a couple days ago (and have two cats) - and understand the hole in your heart that seems vast and can't ever be filled.
Even though right now I can't stop crying (at least once an hour),  everyone says it will ease (never totally heal) as days go by.
Just wanted to say God Bless your Twinkle - and I hope your grief begins to slowly ease - and turns to happy memories

Twinkle wrote:
This is a response I put on someone else's post who just experienced the same thing - having to put her cat to sleep...  This will be my first night without Twinkle in 12 years...  I know I'm going to cry myself to sleep praying...

I had to put Twinkle down today and am in the same shape.  I can't stop crying.  I have never done that before and the immediacy of it shocked me and I didn't really know what to expect...  But I was crying then and am crying now...  I loved him sooooo much.  They were going to put him down when I got him out of the pound twelve years ago bc he had a cold and he had a cold today, too - he's been very, very sick for about four months now with liver disease.  He has been completely yellow with a very high billirubim count...  I gave him everything they told me to, meds, daily injections of fluids...  I had to hand feed him and squirt water down his throat bc he wouldn't eat of drink anymore.   I had to pick him up out of the litter box bc he couldn't get out and the past two days had to carry him from place to place.  Last night I looked at him and I knew...  He was truly suffering and it was killing me.  He slept on the bed with me again and I woke up and continued to "know."  I have cried all day long...  I have felt guilt, remorse, shock, acute gutwrenching, heartbreaking pain that is different...  I am exhausted...  God bless us all with the peace that passes all understanding that only He can bring.  Caron, Twinkle's Mom
Quote 0 0