Sammi_Jo
I lost her on 4/25/16. Its been a very hard five months. I still miss her every day. Her favorite thing to do in the world was go camping. I made my first trip without her this past weekend. I went with my cousin who is 16 years younger than and for the most part we told funny stories about her. She walked up to him one time right out of the blue and bit him. Not hard, did not even leave a mark. To this day we have no idea why she did that, she loved my cousin.

I imagined if she were there, her running over the hills, thru the trees, chasing squirrels. It was hard. I thought about her a lot at night. She would sleep on top of my sleeping bag. She was not there this time. I wish she has been there. 

Sammi Jo, Daddy loves you!
Steven
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Hi Sammy Jo,

It's painful isn't it all those "firsts" without them. We have a caravan in a little place on the North East coast of England. Spike loved the walks there, especially the beach. Last autumn there he was struggling though. Its funny how their age and their decline just sort of creeps up on you unnoticed (or possibly me being in denial, looking back)
First time we went after he passed was just heart breaking. All his caravan bedding, bowls and toys still waiting for him. Even after 7 months when out for a walk I get so upset when I forget he's no longer with us and turn round to see what he's doing.
The last time we went there with him, if I'd known then it was to be his last I would have carried him down to the beach. Lots of regrets but we can't know the future.
Keep thinking the good memories.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Steven, firsts are so so difficult, and there are so many of them . . .I would believe Sammi Jo was with you running those hills, meandering through the trees and checking out all the 'resident squirrels' - She can never be far from you -  It is a long, winding and difficult road this one of grief . . .Time does not make it easier, only continually different without our special companions.  Sammi Jo knows so well how loved and how missed she is, your special girl always.  Take care.
Quote 0 0
Jody
I love this picture of Sammi Jo! Just love it. May your heart heal from the pain of losing such a precious baby. I hate the first times without them. It is just so hard to know we can't hug them or just be with them all day. I am 100% sure Sammi Jo was right there with you on that camping trip! Always by your side and in your heart...
Quote 0 0
Sammi_Jo
Thank you all for your wonderful support. My son came home for the weekend and he was telling his best friend a story about Sammi jo at a camping trip. She loved guns! She loved gun fire so much I had to keep her in the house on July 4th or she would run to the fire works making that awesome sound. If I was target practicing, and I put my rifle down, she would pick it up and give it to me as to say...."come on dad! Shoot some more". I miss her, but I can start to smile when I think of her now, instead of cry. At least sometimes. 

Jody, thank you! I am  having that picture tattoo on my left and only leg. I took that picture myself at a swimming pool. She was having a great time watching all the kids go swimming. You can see it in her smile. 

God Bless you all!
Steven
Quote 0 0