mrsjones336 Show full post »
mrsjones336
MissingBenji wrote:
I'm very, very sorry for your loss. My pooch was put to sleep 3 weeks ago and it was kind of a traumatic experience so I know the pain you're feeling now. It is an unbearable, almost "how can I go on" type of feeling. These are some things that I have been doing to cope. First, I didn't try to erase his presence right away. So I left his food and water bowl in position. And then I cried, cried, screamed at the top of my voice in my house and car, cried, yelled, cried, and screamed and cried some more, pretty much every day for about a week. But, as much as I missed him, I knew I couldn't drown in despair, so I kept crying but I put away his bowls. I sniffed and hugged his blanket. I forced myself to get out and do things to create a different routine than the oe tat revolved around him, and I continued to cry. I still cry, I still miss him, but I'm not in the depths of dispare as I was initially. Its going to take time. It's not an easy journey but the pain will ease up a little as time passes. Maybe you can volunteer somewhere where there's animals that need love. We have a place here that takes in old dogs that need volunteers to love on them. Some days you won't want to leave the house and that's OK but there will be days when you'll have to force yourself to do something. I KNOW it hurts. I know you miss your baby, but you will heal and one day you may be ready to fall in love with another fur baby. You'll never be able to replace the one you loss but you'll have room in your heart again to love another. May God comfort you and take you through this difficult time.

Thank you for your kind and comforting words - It is hard, I am finishing up my Masters Degree and I have to continue to go to school and finish my research - It's been a week from hell...but it is getting better (a little, but I will take any relief I can get) I really appreciate your words - This forum has helped me A LOT because of beautiful people like yourself. I am praying for you too and I am so sorry for your loss- May God Bless you my friend and thank you from the bottom of my broken heart
Quote 0 0
MissingBenji
Thank you for your encouraging words mrsjones336!  I can imagine the difficulty in having to go through this loss while continuing your studies.  Yes this forum is so wonderful!  It has helped me a great deal to know that I am not alone and that it's ok that I feel the way I do about my Benji.  Thank you for your prayers and I wish you all the best in obtaining your Masters!  
Quote 0 0
JoyAlane
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand. My little Rowdy passed away August 6th. He would have been 18 yrs old in November. My links about rowdy are under " my sunshine left me today". I sung " You are my sunshine to him each day". I felt overwhelmed and depressed for about 6 weeks. Of course, I still miss him and I have my "down times" still. My vet shared a prayer/poem with me that helped me greatly and I read a book that gave me great comfort."Biblical Proof Animals Do Go To Heaven" by Steven H. Woodward. The prayer/poem is this: LOVING GOD, OUR BELOVED PET AND COMPANION, ROWDY, IS ON HIS FINAL JOURNEY. WE WILL MISS ROWDY DEARLY BECAUSE OF THE JOY AND AFFECTION ROWDY HAS GIVEN US.
BLESS ROWDYAND GIVE HIM PEACE. MAY YOUR CARE FOR ROWDY NEVER DIE. WE THANK YOU FOR THE GIFT THAT ROWDY HAS BEEN TO US, GIVE US HOPE THAT IN YOUR GREAT KINDNESS YOU MAY RESTORE ROWDY IN YOUR HEAVENLY KINGDOM ACCORDING TO YOUR WISDOM, WHICH GOES BEYOND OUR HUMAN UNDERSTANDING.
IN JESUS NAME,
AMEN
Quote 0 0
Bellarosa
Hi Mrs Jones I know how you feel I have been there and time stood still for me the only way was one hour at a time each day. Its been nearly 4 months fr me. It still hurts so much but I know she's with me. You are not alone ignore all the ignorant people you will get there the sun will shine again when you are ready
Bellarosa
Jan
Quote 0 0
mrsjones336
Thank you everyone! Your kind words of encouragement and sympathy have helped me get through this past week.

I do plan on re-telling his life story, not sure when.....still in a fog/haze

"It's been a long day without you my friend, and I 'll tell you all about it when I see you again......."

I love you Mr. Bear - you stole my heart :_-(

Quote 0 0
Dasiiy
I sorry for lost I too lost Darcy she was my dog but when she gone I went to art group and made scarebook for her in way my brother francis help before become jerk He text back said " Sorry for lost but saw Darcy would be bross other dog in hevean and I just laugh at text for me at right things for me as text talking mobie phone.
So have scarebook of Darcy photo and facebook page Darcy(need update) I do the Darcy garden ever 24 august put new flower in the garden you see on my 40 birthday in the past lost my Dad grandma and Darcy my beloved pet dog all in same year.So just want forget my 40 birthday at only way can deel with it.eben now 43 years old. this my sound silly Darcy was my fur child never forget her she more the dog to me see was my child.
v.Shaw
Quote 0 0
mrsjones336
Dasiiy wrote:
I sorry for lost I too lost Darcy she was my dog but when she gone I went to art group and made scarebook for her in way my brother francis help before become jerk He text back said " Sorry for lost but saw Darcy would be bross other dog in hevean and I just laugh at text for me at right things for me as text talking mobie phone.
So have scarebook of Darcy photo and facebook page Darcy(need update) I do the Darcy garden ever 24 august put new flower in the garden you see on my 40 birthday in the past lost my Dad grandma and Darcy my beloved pet dog all in same year.So just want forget my 40 birthday at only way can deel with it.eben now 43 years old. this my sound silly Darcy was my fur child never forget her she more the dog to me see was my child.

I am sorry for the loss of your precious Darcy - We love our furry children! They are our hearts. Take care of yourself my friend - you are in my thoughts and prayers too!
Quote 0 0