Forum

Author   Comment  
GranddadChristian

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my best friend a week ago.  She was 13-1/2 years old, a beautiful Cocker Spaniel named Ellie.

Like all of you, this is a huge loss.  It was just Ellie and me here, my constant companion and best friend.

I've been trying to deal with the grief as best I can.  I believe the bond we have with our pet family is stronger than many people understand.

As a Christian I needed to search for answers, to know I would see her again.  Frustrated with videos and commentaries by pastors who would say "No, animals don't go to heaven." I decided to search the Bible and books to determine what the truth is.  I hope my discovery helps you.

Of the many Bible verses, I found about God's infinite love of His creation the one that I will see Ellie and my other lost pets in Heaven is the one below.

Ecclesiastes 3:19-20 New International Version (NIV)

19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[spirit]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

While man was created in the image of God, we all of the same breath or spirit in us... both man and animals. 

While I know not everyone is a Christian, I do hope this brings some of you a little bit of peace knowing your little loved ones like mine are in Heaven. The more I read the more convinced I was about this matter.

I also read of Near-Death Experiences where people have been created by their fallen pets.  While I am still grief-stricken I found comfort in hearing these stories and the many truths I found in the Bible.

I'll leave you a poem I wrote for Ellie.  May God bless each and every one of you.  Please know you are in my prayers.

Ellie's Poem
This morning I woke up and knew that you were not here,
I spent my day wandering aimlessly with eyes full of tears.
The couch where we once snuggled is empty and unkempt,
The bed where we once cuddled is full of tears I have wept.
Nothing is the same now, everything has changed,
The only sound is crying and my calling out your name.
I wonder if you knew how much I loved you so,
And how empty my life is without you in my home.
I prayed and read the Bible while you were by my side,
You made it all more special with the love you did provide.
I know you’re now in Heaven where I will see you once again,
Please know I miss you so much my companion and best friend.

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #2 
I’m so sorry Mark, your Ellie sounds like a wonderful girl❣️
There is much comfort in the scriptures you looked up proving what I believe, we are all spirits/souls surrounded for a period by flesh. As souls I also believe we are able to omnipresent. So while I find comfort believing my Tankie is still with me I know she can also be romping with other fur babies as she wishes. We all need something to hold onto, we need to believe with all we have.
Your poem is full of love and longing. It’s beautiful. Hugs to you,,,,,

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for posting the scripture reference.  I am a Christian and have been going over in my mind if I'll ever get to see my Daisy again.  I'd convinced myself that our pets HAVE to go to heaven, because heaven is supposed to be perfect peace and joy, and I could never have perfect joy until I see my baby again. 

One of the thoughts that has been making me the saddest is knowing that, for our dogs, their idea of heaven is to be next to us.  That's all my Daisy ever wanted....to snuggle up next to me.  She would sit patiently on the couch waiting for me to finish whatever task I was busy with, waiting for me to finish up so I could come sit with her.  This will sound crazy, but I've had this image in my head of Daisy snuggled up next to a man in a white garment, with her head on his lap and he's stroking the silky spot behind her ears.  It comforts me.  

Your beautiful poem could have been written by me (except I have no talent for writing).  It was just us two - best friends and constant companions.  I used to tell her "Daisy, it's just you and me against the world, but as long as we're together we'll be ok."  I don't feel so OK anymore.  :(

Reply with quote  #4 

Dear Mark,

I am very sorry and saddened to learn of you recent loss of your beloved "Ellie." Thank you for sharing and posting your insightful and inspiring research. And your heartfelt and well-written poem to your little girl. I hope you continue to heal-up from your loss and will stop by again and visit all of us here on the Rainbow Bridge Forum.

I posted this awhile back on this forum linked below. It has to do with my cat "Marmalade", who brought me back to faith after my having been an Atheist or Agnostic for over 50 years.

You might find it interesting:

https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/a-miracle-story-with-my-marmalade-10186871?pid=1309316608

I witnessed countless miracles with my Marmalade over the 4.2 years that I knew him. His life was saved directly in front of me many times and God answered my prayers again and again and again. I knew my time with Marmalade was running out, and I would pray each night "Heavenly Father, thank you for the time that has been alloted for Marmalade and I to be together."

Marmalade also taught me about always feeling blessed, grateful and content. As he was so, so happy regardless of what he and I were going with. Even if we were starving and only had a spoonful of mayonnaise to share and eat together. And he would be loving and kind even with his myriad of chronic health problems. He also taught me how to truly live in the moment. So I believe that these little animals are Heaven Sent.  

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.