cjm

My 2yr old Japanese Chin, Yoshi was a very very friendly social dog. Everytime he sees people or other pets, he would always try to greet them. He was my first dog, had him since he was a puppy, so we had a bond. I've decided to pick him up after years of a breakup. I was depressed. Everything changed when I had him. He followed me everywhere, I would talk to him, we always played. He was my best friend. I also have anxiety when I would just stay home alone with him keeping me company. I would never get lonely. 

Just yesterday I decided to let him out on the front without a leash. I thought that if I only left him alone without trying to chase him, he would stay around. But he got farther. I then thought he'll come back. But it's been awhile. I still see him on site.  He was getting a little too far and I got worried. I decided to chase after him. He kept running away in a distance then finally got a little close to him. There were two pitbulls, fenced barking at him. He looked terrified. He then led me through an alley with another pitbull fenced. Next thing I know, he was inside with the pitbull. I don't know how he got inside but I don't remember keeping my eyes off him.

There was the owner cutting his yard in there as well, not seeing that my dog was in there. I kept running closer watching my dog get chased. My dog was clueless to where to go next and ran to the fence almost a few feet away from me. I watched the pitbull bash into my dog, the owner now sees them. I couldn't believe what I was happening to my dog! He was getting mauled for a few seconds. My dog was crying so loud. The owner then yelled to stop the dog from attacking. I was heartbroken. I jumped over the fence to get him. Still crying looking up at me. I yelled his name. Picked him up. The crying then stopped.

I walked to the house knocked the door knowing my sister was there. She opens. I told her what happened. She then yells and cries lets get help take him to the hospital. We rushed to the car my dad drove, my sister at the back holding Yoshi. I kept asking her if he was still breathing and she said yea. I was in a panic. My sister kept telling him everything she always says to him and saying we love you Yoshi, we love you. Went to two clinics without a doctor and the hospital being 30 min away. While on the way there, my sister said his head jerked twice then stopped breathing. We got there got an official word from the doctor that he wasn't alive.

We broke into more tears. The doctor gave us options and my dad decided we take him back home. They wrapped him up and gave him to us. Just looking at how he was wrapped in the blanket just made me more sad. The ride all the way home was horrible. When we got home, we dig for Yoshi's spot while my sister went to get flowers. We then waited for my mom she was just in shocked. We then said a prayer. We buried him along with his toys. It was kind of a relief knowing that I can always visit him and his body will always be there.

I could barely sleep. I try to avoid situations that involved him but left a spot for him on the bed where he would always lay. He was gone. My best friend. He won't be there next to my chair staring at me wondering what we'll do now.

Was thinking of not getting another dog because it would be unfair for Yoshi. So he's gonna be my one and only dog.

I also had guilt. Thinking about what ifs. Regrets. A lot of regrets.

Thanks for listening.

Chris,
I love you buddy! I miss you! RIP Yoshi [1/3/12] - [10/30/14]

My-Yoshi.jpg
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss.  We understand your grief.  Beautiful fur baby!

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
cjm
Thank you. That means a lot. Here are more pictures of him.

Yoshi.jpg 

My-Buddy.jpg 

When he was a puppy

1.jpg 
Yosh.jpg 

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So adorable!  I know you are devastated.  It is never easy to lose a fur baby under any circumstances.  There is always so much grief, shock, guilt...every feeling imaginable.  We don't realize it until they aren't there.  Tomorrow will be 5 weeks for me and I still leave a spot on the bed where my Dali slept, turn her fan on and cry.  Hasn't gotten easier with time for me, actually harder because I long for her more and more each day.  I, too, will never have another dog.  She was my life, I don't think it would be fair to another animal

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
cjm
Thank you.
It's true we really don't realize it until they aren't there. Our hearts go out to you and Dali. We have you in our prayers. Yes I left a spot for him too for the first night. Can't get over how young and terrible he died.
Let's all stay strong together for our pets, which we will then meet again.
Quote 0 0
Ravensmommy
Oh, what a precious sweetheart! I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Melissa
Mommy will always love you and keep you in her heart, my dear sweet Raven.
Quote 0 0
cjm
Thank you Melissa to your Raven as well.
Quote 0 0
Katel
What a beautiful beautiful boy.  My heart breaks for you. After 3 weeks I still cuddle Danny's teddy at night,  I haven't washed the blanket off his bed and never will, and I talk to him all the time. This is the right place ....   we all understand, and share our grief and that brings a little comfort.
Blessing to you.
Kate 
Quote 0 0
cjm
Thank you Kate. Yes it's really hard.
Quote 0 0