Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
lovelypups

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #1 
This past week I have been including green grapes in my dogs' diet as I thought that the were healthy for them (I have been following Juliette de Bairacli Levy's diet for dogs, and she fed her dogs' raisins and grapes); Mon-Friday, I gave my dogs 5-10 grapes along with their meals (one dog is 43 lbs, and one is 61 lbs). They have shown no symptoms (no vomiting, diarrhea, etc), but tonight I stumbled upon research articles explaining that grapes can cause acute renal failure and fatality in dogs, and I am currently freaking out. They both have been drinking water and urinating normally, but I am still so worried. Should I take them to the vet? Have any of you had experiences with your dogs ingesting grapes? I am not giving them grapes again, and I am horrified at the fact that I ignorantly gave my dogs something so toxic.
0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 577
Reply with quote  #2 



They may both be okay, but yes, you 100% need to take them into your Vet's or an Animal Hospital right away just to be safe. Just have them examined and looked over. And keep an eye on them.


0
lovelypups

Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #3 

-Update-

 

This morning I called the vet, and they told me to bring the dogs by so that they could run some tests; they emphasized that grape toxicity entirely depends on the individual dog. I brought them in and they ran some blood tests - my dogs’ tests results have nothing out of the ordinary! The vet told me that neither dog exhibits evidence of kidney dysfunction and that there is no evidence that either dog has been affected by grapes. I am beyond relieved! Thank you for replying!

 

0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 577
Reply with quote  #4 


That is wonderful news. Well done! There is so many contradicting information on the Internet. It is shocking just how much there is to sort through. Always good to cross reference. Coming here to the Grief forum was very wise of you too. 

I hope your pups continue to do well. Take care & God bless.

James
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.