Forum

Author   Comment  
ninimichelle

Reply with quote  #1 
So today, April 29, 2015, my nine year old shih-tzu peckingese mix Jessie was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer.  I don't really want to get too much into it, I just had to say it somewhere to sort of let out steam.  I'm not angry, but I am an adaptive person (I grew up in the military life so Im used to moving away and leaving friends), and I have already come to terms with the situation and accepted it.  We don't know yet how far along he is, but if hes eligible for treatment he may have another year or so, and hopefully remission is possible so he can be with us a little bit longer.  I have had him since I was nine years old, and I'm eighteen now.  I'm just happy to have found a place so I can remember that I'm not alone in this situation.

snortypoopy.jpg 
this is him after the surgery draining the growth we initally thought was from a spider bite, but it turns out that yes it was a spider bite but it was sort of the key to the lock that activated the dormant cancer cells.  Hes definitely an important member of the family and hes my chubby wubby cutie patootie. 

Apollo_the_great

Reply with quote  #2 
I was also in a situation where people come and go. I didn't even cry when my mom and dad passed. Some how, some way, dogs, cat's, what have you, get inside all of the barriers. Just don't fool yourself. It is kind of difficult to "come to terms with the situation and accepted " something that hasn't happened yet. I am not trying to discourage you or be mean, I thought the same way. I was wrong.

Reply with quote  #3 
My dog lizzie had cancer and was placed on kinavet instead of chemo and radiation it bought us 8 good months
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.