Jessicamluce
My beloved American Bully, Dookie passed away almost 4 years ago and I miss him even still. I’ve been having a lot of stress lately and it’s been showing up in nightmares. Last night I dreamt of Dookie. He was just sitting with me and my dogs in the living room. He had to leave and I remember just sitting with him next to my side, I didn’t want him to go but I thanked him for visiting me and told him his visit was the best thing that’s happened since this year started. And then he left. I woke up so sad. I miss him so much but I really do believe he visited me and that he still watches over me.
Quote 1 0
Kittypiller
Sorry for your loss. I also believe our beloved fur babies watch over us when thwy go to heaven. I had to have my 4 1/2 year old cat put to sleep on dec 21 2017 and I feel her presence quite often. Its ok to be sad it juat means you really love your fur babies and thats always a good thing.
Quote 0 0
Dunky
Dookie will visit you again sometime when you really need him most. He knows. They all do. They know us better than we know ourselves. We let life get in the way of what is really important.

I never knew I would love our pets so much. Love them today and do not wait until tomorrow to love on them. I wish you all the best until Dookie stops by again!

Best,
Robert
Duncan's picture at the vet... Daddy, I don't like it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Puz4dHC5mN8UqTavZ5cT4OQb-gpZOFXH
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
What a blessing, and I know it does make us sad to wake up after a 'visit', but it also gives us great comfort to know they are still watching over us, caring, loving, beyond this life. I'm so glad you had this dream, it speaks volumes for all of us. Blessings.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Avabear
I would love my Ava to visit me, just to let me know she is still around more than anything, I've never had a visit from a furbaby or a person so I would love Ava to show me that they really do go on beyond the physical world
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
BullysDad
Glad to hear your story and hope it gave you some comfort, even though you woke up sad! I’ve had some hard to explain things happen to me after my dog died last May. A few hours after he died I know I heard him breathing and he would lick his nose and it would make this distinct sound, I heard that as I was watching tv. It was so distinctive that it made me look in the direction it came from. I told a friend what happened and he said “oh yeah, he was just checking on you to make sure you were ok, the same thing happened to me after my dog died.” A month later I had a dream about him and I sitting in this HUGE green field. He looked years younger, but I can’t find any pictures I have of him to compare with how he looked in the dream, it’s hard to describe. I think the place we were at was actually Rainbow Bridge because I’ve never seen a field that looked like that or the colors I saw. Again, hard to describe. It was just me and him and I couldn’t see myself but I could feel me petting him as he sat beside me. It only felt like we were together for just a few seconds, however. As soon as he looked over at me I woke up.

The final dream I had was about 2 months after that. I saw him and my dad playing. My dad died back in 2013 and I hadn’t had a dream or anything about him, but I saw him finally and he was playing with Bully and they both looked really happy. I’m kind of sad I haven’t had anymore dreams but I’m great full for the few experiences I have had!
Bully 2005-2017
Quote 0 0
Avabear
BullysDad, how lovely that your boy came to check on you in the hours after his death, I've been looking for a sign from my Ava but don't think she's been or maybe I've missed it because Ava is so present that I can hear and see her everywhere througn the memories I have and the habits and daily rituals we shared that it's hard to know what's just my memories and her actualy visiting me.  I worry that I'm not as good at seeing signs as other people and that Ava will be trying so hard to give me signs and I will keep missing them and that even in death I will be failing her and she will eventually give up. But I love that people have these experiences and can feel a distinct difference between memories and these visits/signs.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
Avabear
I'm not sure if any of you do things like tarot or astrology but every morning I read my horoscope and pull a daily tarot card, it's my guilty pleasure rather than going on social media.  Well this morning as I've been writing a lot about wanting a sign from Ava I pulled this card. The strength card, this card has real significance not just because it's about inner strength but I've always associated this card with Ava and used to call this mine and Ava's card and saw it as Ava in the picture because her breed was breed originally to look like a lion from a distance to fool preditors, Ava had tremenous strenght as could have easily overpowered most people but instead was so so gentle and never used her size or power.  The essence of the card is inner strenght not brute force which was Ava all over.  People used to say it looked like I was walking a lion when I we went for walks so this card has real significance to me and I feel that although it was a computer generated selection that somehow Ava was behind it and has given me a sign that not only am I strong enough to get through this but that she may be gone physically but she is still here with me.  I will always see this card and think of her.

Ava small pic.jpeg  strength copy.jpg 
Avabears mummy

Quote 0 0
BullysDad
Try not to let yourself get discouraged that you haven’t seen any signs or that maybe you’ve missed them. I’ve had many pets die over the years unfortunately and Bully is the only one I’ve ever had a dream about and felt like he’d sent me a sign. Something that might help that I did was place a pic of your dog by your bed and tell your friend goodnight before you go to bed. Every night. It may sound silly but it really does help, someone suggested that to me and I’ve been doing it for almost 9 months. Every night. Maybe you can also do a candle memorial for special occasions or whenever you just feel like doing one. I’ve done several on here for Bully and it makes me feel better.
Bully 2005-2017
Quote 0 0
michelle54
My Oliver died almost 2 years ago. He was my Persian cat.I had 4 visits from him right after he died until afew months. He meowed(he had a particular meow) 3 different occasions. He walked behind my back on the bed as I was facing inwards. I could feel him walking. It has brought me so much comfort. But I do miss him more than I can convey.....
Quote 0 0