dewey
It’s been a week since I let my Thunder go. I’m lost, and so hurt and guilty. I miss him so much. 

Hi, It's been 3 years and 10 days since I had to put my Spikey down. And it hurts just as bad! 

Quote 1 0
Gracie4ever
Dewey I am soooo sorry to hear about your loss of Thunder. Please know that the feelings you are feeling and completely normal. We are all here because we also feel that aching heart of loss. We are here for you, Dewey.
Quote 1 0
Fazzer
I lost my fur baby (pippy) 5 days ago and feel so lost.Hate being in my own home as its not the same.No more hearing her nails tip tapping on the wooden floor.no more mommy cuddles at night.miss kissing her so much i keep smelling her items.cant wait to get her ashes back home.Is it normal to feel anger with people who still have their pets ?
Quote 1 0
dewey
Thank you Gracie4ever, I don’t know if I’ll ever get over Thunder. I hate when people ask “Are you going to get another one?” How could they. I had two people today ask How is your dog? I lost it. It’s a good thing I wear a mask , no one can see my red nose from crying. Fazzer, I am so sorry for your loss I feel the same exact way. I don’t know if I feel anger or jealousy for other people with dogs. I just got Thunders ashes and they gave me a bonus paw print in clay. I’m glad he’s back home with me. It’s not the same,  I keep telling myself one day at a time. I need this year to be over with. 

Hi, It's been 3 years and 10 days since I had to put my Spikey down. And it hurts just as bad! 

Quote 1 0
GEMINIXX69
It's been 3 months since my Minnie passed unexpectedly.  I think anger is part of the whole grief process. I don't feel the anger as much as the guilt. I don't think the guilt will ever go away.  But I used to get really mad at people who just dismissed it like it was nothing.  Not everyone understands and I get that.  But I wish people wouldn't be so heartless.  The pain is like no pain I have ever felt.  I'm sorry for everyone's loss. 💔
Linda L.
Quote 0 0
Gracie4ever
Linda I'm really sorry for your loss. You're right, in my case the guilt is definitely the strongest pain. People who don't love fur babies just don't get it. We will grieve for a long time. Nobody should tell us it should be different.
Quote 1 0