Colzap
Hi
My dog wasn’t feeling well Thursday night so I took him to an emergency vet - I thought he was having a reaction to a vaccine from the day before. After completing some tests they told me he had a tumor which was probably cancer n he wouldn’t live long. They were keeping him overnight to do an ultrasound in the morning. I cried all night n then when they called Friday they said he was bleeding internally probably wouldn’t survive surgery. So my husband n I got our kids from school on Friday n were all there loving him when he was euthanized. I am beside myself with grief. He was only 11, seemed healthy and besides that night there was no indication he was sick. I can’t stop crying. My heart is broken. I don’t know how to deal with this intense sadness. One day he was here the next gone. He was such a special little dog. We got him when our kids were 2 n 5 n he had his own relationship with all of us. Everything reminds me of him. I walk from room to room crying n feeling overwhelmed with sadness. My family n friends have been supportive but I have a hole inside me now. Not sure what I’m looking for just want to talk about him to people who understand the devastation of the loss of a beloved family pet.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Colleen,

I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet, wonderful Snowball. It's nice that you and your family were all there to love him and to say goodbye. I feel that animals can touch a part of our hearts that nobody else does. And when they are gone it is heartbreaking.

There are many wonderful and compassionate people here who understand. Please feel free to share feelings, pictures and memories of sweet Snowball when/if you feel up to it.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Colzap
Thank you for your kind words. You are right - Snowball touched a part of my heart like no one else .
Quote 0 0
SharonsPie
I am very sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
Mybeautifulboy
My condolences on your loss. It sounds like Snowball was a wonderful doggie who was part of a wonderful family. I know that you are all heartbroken and you are all in my thoughts.

RIP sweet Snowball
Quote 0 0
janeansell
I am so sorry for the loss of Snowball and the pain you are feeling
I hope the sadness eases with time.
Look after yourself
Quote 0 0