peke_bb Show full post »
JulieF
I think you will know when it is right for you.  Everyone is different.  Maureen made a good suggestion to volunteer at a shelter - perhaps you will find a new buddy that way.   I do it (with the cats) and it brings me a lot of satisfaction - plus I know I am helping the cats.  I still have 2 cats but if Patch was my only boy, I would probably be thinking about adopting.  Animal people have a hard time not having that in their lives - it brings so much joy, but pain at the end.  Whenever you do decide to adopt (because it is not "if" but "when") it will be a very lucky dog.
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Chrissyfrank,
A month or so after my Cody passed I decided to foster. I chose to care for kittens as I wasn't ready to have another dog in the house. I got two from the animal shelter. They have really been a lifesaver especially during this time. I needed something to care for and they needed care so it's worked out well. I've had them for 7 weeks now and have decided to adopt them. I will still miss Cody every single day but since I have to go on without him for me this was the right choice.  The orange tabby is Sadie and the calico is Sofie. Cody, who passed on January 11th of a brain tumor and was my once in a lifetime dog, is pictured with me in my avatar. He was my confidant, companion, my baby and my heart. He was the best dog ever and can never be replaced.IMG_20200402_092952_compress54.jpg 
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
Olvera
Thank you for the encouragement on repurposing my Angel's play space.  
I too have considered inviting a new friend in our lives; my heart is just not ready.  I'm not sure when it will be. 
Life now is very busy.  Covid,  children graduating,  the sadness of no ceremony for them, so so much more. I do want to hold my Angel  and feel him kissing me.  I am still very sad,  but I can not stay  there too long. My brain will go crazy.  My way of healing is to repurpose.  Maybe it's not right,  but right now it's working for me.  And I'm okay.  Not great, but okay. 
Thank you for listening. 
Quote 0 0
JulieF
Olvera - You need to do whatever works for you and I am glad you are okay.  It is tough times right now.

Julie - thank you for posting the photo of Sadie and Sofie - they are so cute and gave me a laugh.  Kittens are so much fun and I am sure they make you laugh at their antics.  You are a foster fail - which is a good thing for the kittens and you.  
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
Olvera wrote:
Good morning to all of my friends. 
Some of you know that I lost my darling Angel of 13 years this last August.  I'm gonna jump here  okay.  Most of my backyard was set up for my little boy to run, play, hunt etc.  And presently still is. Well this is the place we've spent most of our times.  Rain or shine,  hot or cold. Didn't matter.  We'd put our coats on and go outside in the backyard to play.  Now so much sorrow comes to me when I'm back here.  I'm waiting for my Angel baby to run around the corner and surprise me. 
I've got to repurpose this space.  So instead of a play yard for him,  I'm putting in a veggie garden.  Never was able to have much of any homegrown veggies because Angel would eat mostly any of the veggies.  Even tried putting tomatoes in those upside down hangers one season.  Well, He would be out there try to jump up at them. So I decided that if I wanted any vegetable I'd have to visit our farmers market.  Anyhow... 
My Angel puppy dog is gone. 
I'm putting in a large vegetable garden. 
Instead of being surprised with Angel running around the corner; I'll be surprised with tomatoes growing around the corner.  And laugh about the hilarious sight of Angel jumping up to try to grab some tomatoes. 
I love my darling Angel.  I'm so happy and grateful to have had a wonderful friend. 
Thanks for listening to me all
Olvera 🤗

Thank you for sharing. I'm imagining your backyard as I read your story, imagining Angel running around. A vegetable garden sounds wonderful. We grow vegetables in our garden every summer, tomatoes, cucumbers, all kinds of herbs. My dog never messed with our garden. Not sure why. Maybe vegetables just weren't his thing. 
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
JulieF wrote:
So sorry for the loss of your BB!  What a sweetie!  All I can say is two things - it is normal to feel grief like yours and it is going to hurt.  Let yourself grieve.  I think it is the only way to deal with the loss.  It is like a part of our heart has been ripped away.  The forum has been so wonderful because everyone on it knows what you are going through and will not think you are strange for any of the emotions you are feeling - so post away!  I good friend of mine told me that part of the loss is that the time we used to spend feeding them, playing with them, giving them meds, walking them, etc., is no longer occupied - so not only are we experiencing the loss, but we now have a time "hole".  Plus everything going on in the world does not help either.  I lost my cat Patch, who was 19, last Monday to kidney disease.  I could not even be with him at the very end because of COVID.  But I know I did the right thing for him.  Right now the pain is fresh, but I can tell you that after a couple of days, each day will get a tiny bit better.  The pain and grief still comes in waves, like the ocean getting ready to swallow you.  I still cry and talk to him, but I spend some time as well looking at pictures and remembering his antics.  I LOVE Olevera's idea of repurposing the garden.  I also know that before the virus I would spend time at our local shelter volunteering with the cats and I can't wait to get back to that.  Maybe you can do that - volunteer to walk the dogs?  I just hope you are starting to feel better.

Bless you

Thank you so much for reaching out to me and thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry about your cat Patch. My heart breaks reading your story. I do know and understand the pain. It's been over 2 weeks for me. You're right, it does get a little better. I don't feel that trauma or the panic attacks anymore like I did the first few days. I still have all his toys, mainly stuffed animals, and I'm always going through them. He always chewed off the eyeballs from every single stuff animal we gave him. Those little memories make me both happy and sad. I want to keep his toys with me forever.
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
It’s been almost 6 weeks since my little guy left me. Things are getting slowly better, at least I can fall asleep without having panic attacks. I still miss him so much everyday and the hole is still there. I keep wishing I could go back to September 25th, 2005, when we brought him home as a puppy.  BB, just come back home now!!!!
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
Peke_bb,
I know exactly how you feel. When we adopted Cody he was already 18 months - two years old so I never got to see him as a puppy but I wish I could roll back time to November of 2008 when  I brought him home from the shelter and relive all the wonderful moments I shared with my baby boy. I want my Cody back healthy and happy with his big smile and full of life. It's not fair 😢
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 1 0
laurieann
i’m so sorry 
your baby is beautiful what a cutie.
unfortunately i don’t have an answer on getting a timeframe.
i lost my best girl 1 1/2 years ago and today i cried 💁‍♀️  i still get days that i cry 
Quote 1 0
peke_bb
laurieann wrote:
i’m so sorry 
your baby is beautiful what a cutie.
unfortunately i don’t have an answer on getting a timeframe.
i lost my best girl 1 1/2 years ago and today i cried 💁‍♀️  i still get days that i cry 

Thank you so much for the message. I appreciate it. I’m sorry about your loss also. I seem to be fine when I keep myself busy, but the sadness and crying starts once I sit alone in silence in the house and I’m consumed with memories of my dog. He roamed the house freely, so his memory is everywhere. 
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
codysmum102 wrote:
Peke_bb,
I know exactly how you feel. When we adopted Cody he was already 18 months - two years old so I never got to see him as a puppy but I wish I could roll back time to November of 2008 when  I brought him home from the shelter and relive all the wonderful moments I shared with my baby boy. I want my Cody back healthy and happy with his big smile and full of life. It's not fair 😢

Thank you so much for the message and for sharing your story. Sorry again for your loss. You’re right, it’s not fair. Never in a million years did I think I would love him so much. I already knew how devastated I was going to be when his time would come. Now the only thing I can do is imagine seeing him again at the Rainbow Bridge. It’s going to be pure bliss and happiness. Hugs to you. Thanks again. 
Quote 0 0