Chantal
A week ago tomorrow, I lost my dog Keemo. I got him when I was 10, I’ve never forgot that day I was so, so excited. He’s been my best friend and family for 17 years. Last spring he got very sick, but he fought his way through and together with my partner we had such an amazing summer. He would run in the field, sit outside with us day and night, and eat. He loved to eat with us on the floor of our room.
DSCN0404.JPG 
Throughout the year, he got sick a few times but everytime, even when it seemed like we were going to lose him, he fought through. He had a great winter. We’d put on his boots and jacket and he’d just plough through the snow even though by this time he was completely blind. Nothing stopped him. And then we had another wonderful summer with him, sitting together with the window open, going for walks, and sharing food together.

Very early Tuesday morning, he died in my arms in the taxi on the way to the vet hospital. The windows were open to let him breath in the morning air. And I just talked to him and told him how much I loved him. He died brave and strong. I miss him so much, the apartment is so empty and quiet without him. Our life was entwined with his for so long, every decision, every moment. We miss him so much, waking up in the morning is the hardest part of the day because he was always so happy when he stomped out of bed, ready for a new day.

We love you so, so much little guy.
Chantal & Joe  
Quote 0 0
powrbruh
Chantal & Joe,

I am very sorry you lost Keemo.  We all know the feeling that comes with that lost.  I hope you find comfort in knowing the love you three shared will be forever in your hearts.  I am using the love Kia and I had for each other to make it through the days.  It's been 6 days living without her; but the days are getting a tad better.  People on this site have really helped me, and I hope we can help you with your loss too.

Mike
Quote 0 0
Chantal
Thank you for your message.
Quote 0 0
OscarsMomma
I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the emptiness. My house feels like a foreign place now. Losing my pet has been the worst thing to happen to me.
Oscar was but 9. I had not even 4 full years with him. He loved me so much. And I loved him. He is sorely missed.
Quote 0 0
Chantal
Thanks for sharing with me. I feel so much, everything is so unimportant compared to his loss. He was such a special dog, I miss him so much.
Quote 0 0