Winlove Show full post »
Winlove
Thanks guys. It's been about 6 weeks - 6 weeks today we had to say goodbye. Hardest day of my life. It hurts so much to be here and know I'm not going to see her here, or pet her, or have her next to me. She was so much a part of my life for so many years.

My husband wanted another dog - a puppy. He got one, and it's been difficult because the puppy is difficult. The biting, the whining, and I can't just come home and relax, we have to constantly tend to her and keep her out of stuff. Also Winnie's sister, Lily, is an old, relaxed dog and she's been interrupted too. I guess it's a good distraction, but we haven't had a puppy in over 12 years. Lily was an ideal puppy - I swear she never bit or whined. She was a different kind of pup, spoiled us. We are a lot older - when Winnie and Lily were pups, I worked part time, was younger, wasn't dealing with migraines or Lupus like I am now so it's so hard on us - on me. I find myself wishing for Winnie back and my easy life back. It makes me miss Winnie. But we've had the new Puppy almost 3 weeks and I guess some days are getting easier. But missing Winnie doesn't - I suppose some days are worse than others. I'll never have a day I don't think of her or miss her, but I'm happy for what she brought to my life and the memories. I love her so much.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
It's normal that you will never forget Winnie and she will always hold a very big, very special place in your heart. I feel the same about Bailey. Puppies can be work for sure - but they grow up quickly and before long I think that this little puppy will crawl it's way into your hear as well.
I do understand what you mean - if only things could be as they were it would be so wonderful. The only thing we can count on in life is change (unfortunately) even when it breaks our hearts!
You still need time to grieve Winnie and you should take some time to yourself to remember and think about her, cry about her, as trying to forget just makes things worse. I wrote in a journal to Bailey for a long time and I found it helped me when I was feeling so lonely for him and sad. Just time between him and I. Perhaps you could do something like that if you feel up to it - take some time to write to Winnie telling her how you are feeling. I always felt sad when I was writing but then it did help afterward.
Thinking of you and sending lots of postive thought your way!!
Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Sampson
I feel so sad that you lost your lovely girl! It will take time for your hart to heal but you will carry her with you always. I know that you have a lot of love to give and even with your health problems (which are hard I know) this new little addition to your family will be looking to you all for guidance and love. He will never replace your Winnie (no one could so that) but he may bring some happiness in to your world. You need it after losing such a precious gift.
So sorry for your loss!
S.
Quote 0 0
Winlove
Thank you both. I have a couple places I write, one I made a list of my fave memories of Winnie - things she did that were unique to her.
I also wrote about things that a lady who deals with pet loss said - she writes about pet loss. I wrote about positive things she says and how that helsp me deal with her death. I scrapbook too, about my family's visits and travels so of course from time to time there are pages with the dogs, and a page when they came to us, and also here and there in the books photos with them. I'll do a page with Winnie's last day, our last photo with her and the lovely card our vet sent about Rainbow Bridge.

I'm working with the pup - she's our 3rd pup we've ever had but the most crazy (LOL) so we decided to have a pro help us with some training sessions. Hopefully that helps. Once she gets more settled I'll surely bond. I actually didn't bond with Winnie completely until we had her a month! I realize I'm more of an older dog person.

Thank you again. If you guys are interested I put another thread on the main board with a few pics of Winnie.
Quote 0 0
mathis1998
Winlove, I wanted to express my condolences. Our fur baby,Mathis,crossed over Tuesday morning. He was placed in hospice four weeks ago. He had four tumors and a bad heart. We kept him comfortable and moved his birthday up a few weeks. My husband got him a sequined tie to wear on his birthday.
He lapsed into a coma at the end. I held him on my lap as much as possible in fact he died in my arms. I know that he is restored. May God Bless You as you heal.
Quote 0 0
Timmymissu
Win im so sorry for your loss i lost my beautiful boy nearly 4 weeks ago he was diagnosed with cancer and we had to say goodbye i miss him so much and always will i got in from work tonight expecting him to be at the window excited to see me i know how your feeling and its not a nice feeling i love him and always will god bless xx
Quote 0 0
Timmymissu
My geourgeous boyxx
Quote 0 0