Forum

Author   Comment  
Flowerbed

Reply with quote  #1 
An update on our darling Bichon Pebbles
Testing for cushings abs results Monday
She is such a trooper and no pain as far as we know but has lost a bit of her spark ... she has been sick twice this week and the first time I rushed her to vet as I was worried her insulin levels would be affected but she was ok .. she had her heart issue 2 and half years and diabetes 7 months and now contending with a dodgy gallbladder and possible Cushingsa s also her tooth needs to come out but the vet said their hands are tied as the anaesthic dangerous for her now :9( ... despite it all she is still eating her twice a day meals and interested in life ... she’s 13 and a half this month .. we know it’s going to be sooner than later for a decision but she’s coping so well ... just slowing up a lot on lots of meds ... best wishes to all the doggies and animals on here ..lifes little fur Angels
CK1991

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi again Maxine, Sorry, I just saw your post. I’ve been out of town on business for the past few days.
Does the vet have anything topical to give Pebbles for her tooth or something for pain? It mightn’t hurt to give her something just in case of pain. It’s a good sign that she’s eating but so difficult to tell if animals are in pain. They hide it so well, something I learned on this forum. I know you’re keeping a close watch on her. I’m so sorry for all you’re going through. I hope you’re still able to enjoy this time with your sweet Pebbles! Hugs to you,
CK
When you get the results on Monday, if you feel like posting an update I would like to know how things went. Best of luck!
Flowerbed

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1991
Hi again Maxine, Sorry, I just saw your post. I’ve been out of town on business for the past few days.
Does the vet have anything topical to give Pebbles for her tooth or something for pain? It mightn’t hurt to give her something just in case of pain. It’s a good sign that she’s eating but so difficult to tell if animals are in pain. They hide it so well, something I learned on this forum. I know you’re keeping a close watch on her. I’m so sorry for all you’re going through. I hope you’re still able to enjoy this time with your sweet Pebbles! Hugs to you,
CK
When you get the results on Monday, if you feel like posting an update I would like to know how things went. Best of luck!

Hello CK1991
So sorry for the delay answering .. I had trouble logging in and Pebbles has been up and down
The vet has given pebbles antibiotics for her tooth and gallbladder . Unfortunately she has been sick a few times since last Tuesday .... she had anti nausea and it’s been made worse with her incessant need to drink ... I gave her little and often yesterday and 400mls in total as the recommended water amount for her weight but her gallbladder does not seem to be settled and it’s affected her liver ... she is due Wednesday for a check .. she only had half her food ( had to coax her too by warming it up bless her ) ...so only half insulin.
Such a stress at the moment ....she seems to have developed a behaviour problem with the water ... it’s almiar like a switch goes on and she’s up and down for a couple of hours looking for water ... little and offen but it is soooo difficult .. the vet got some advice for the royal college of vets and suggested a supplement which purifys the liver but at then moment we think we know we jus have to wait this out now :9( we both agree as long as she is not in pain .. toiletting / pottying ... and walking relatively well most’t of the time ( she does have a wobble here and there ) and has a resonance appetite then we are happy .... but we are feeling more anxious for sure thank you so much for your very kind words
Hugs back to you too ! I am so sorry for the delay x

Thinking of all the fur angel parents on here who are ill
and around the world x
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.