Shadwick83
I lost my Sadie 2 days ago and it's been very rough for me. She died from dog bloat/twisted stomach. I didn't catch it in time and she died in a matter of hours. I feel so guilty because I didn't catch it fast enough and I know she suffered cause of it. We don't have a 24 hour vet clinic or one that offers emergency services, I went to work that night praying and hoping she'd make it thru the night to get to her to the vet first thing in the morning ...but in my heart I knew she wasn't. Before I left for work I kissed her, ran my hand over her eyes to close them, told her I missed her and if she couldn't hold on any longer I'd understand. Not to long after I left my dad called and told me she took her last breath.

I've cried non stop the last 2 days. To me she wasn't "just a dog" she was my child, I bottle fed her, took her everywhere with me, she was my best friend. I feel lost without her, I had her from the time she was 2 weeks old till she was 9 yrs old. I feel like half of me is missing now that she's gone. I have never been close to any animal as I was to her.

I have been urging anyone with large breed dogs to look up and learn about dog bloat now, a lot of my friends and family knew nothing about it.

Till we see each other again...Sadie I miss you more then words and will always love you to the moon and back.
Quote 0 0
Bellas_mom
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my little three year old kitty exactly one week ago.  I can understand how difficult it is for you and how much your heart is breaking.  Sometimes the pain is unbearable.  I can also understand the guilt as I feel guilty for not being here with her on her last day.  It's just tearing my heart.  Even though our situations are different, the guilt and loss are the same.  We want to do the best for our babies and we want them to always be with us.  I have never had a dog, but I am sure your advice will help others who may encounter this same issue.    Please feel that you are not alone.  Hugs, Bella's mom
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So sorry on the loss of Sadie. It`s just awful when we lose them as they become such a beautiful part of our lives.  Somehow, we always think they`ll always be with us, and unfortunately compared to us they have such short little lives.  Try not to feel guilty, things happen that we have no control over, remember those 9 years of happiness you had with her. We had to lose our best ever little dog just over 8 weeks ago, and while I have accepted he`s no longer with me, I am convinced that we`ll be reunited one day.

I found so much comfort in those dark early days just by being on this site - just keep on posting how you feel, it really helps.  Hugs, Jackie. x 

J Taylor
Quote 0 0
EM
You and your family are in my prayers. Things happen for a reason. God loves His creation, and that includes all of the animals that He created.
Quote 0 0