GretchenMyLove
I just lost my dog (13 year olde boxer named Gretchen) on 1/5/2020.  I raised her from a two month pup.  She has been by my side through so much (recession, loss of home, jobs, loneliness, LIFE).  She was always there with her head on my lap or sit next to me and put all of her 70+ pounds of weight on me to let me know she was there.  Gretchen as a great dog with the funniest personality and playful energy.  she should her love in many ways such as staring at me with out blinking for long periods of time, lol.  it was kinda creepy and sweet at the same time.  Gretchen began having breathing issues and fainting (lack of oxygen to the brain) about 3 months ago - the vet did x-rays and found something growing near her heart and lungs that was impacting her breathing.  She seemed herself on the outside but I knew internally she wasn't doing so well.  Well, on 1/5/20, she laid down for a nap - during the nap, her heart stopped. Gretchen was and will always be my everything.  I'm getting emotional as I write this post but I find it helpful to reach out to folks that are dealing with the same time of emotions as I am right now.  My hope is that reaching out will help me through this -because the pain is so freaking deep.  
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear GretchenMyLove,
My kindest thoughts sent out to you. We are all here for you to help you through.
And we all have known what this is like.

Bless you for your love. And blessings to Gretchen for hers. God bless, Gretchen sweetheart.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
GretchenMyLove
Thank you for the kind words - Mistysmama!
Quote 0 0
dontharmanimals
The way you described Gretchen is so wonderful. You must miss her so much. 
Quote 1 0
BoxerMomForever
I’m so sorry about Gretchen. I too was a boxer mama. They are special dogs, the sweetest too. We have had two. Ginger lived till 12. Both died from masses. Lily our white giirl had one on her liver, diagnosed in July last year and progressively got worse and we said goodbye in October. Toughest time dealing with this, second time around. Lily was 10; she was my world, 24/7 we spent together, daily walks etc. I’m lost without her. My hubby misses her too and can’t talk about it. I used to say Lilly my Love, when I saw your username I smiled. Please share a photo later. I’m glad you found this forum, it has helped me a great deal. Hugs...
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 1 0