May Show full post »
May
Andy,

I really appreciate your thoughts and honesty in regards to the medication question. I think I will wait for a bit to see where I'm at. I am starting to feel a a little better : )

I also hated to hear the be patient with yourself! Lol! I'm not known for having much patience. But, I know it will take time. Writing is a possibility when I'm not crying thinking of him : (

Thank you,

May

To get through this, well, cry everyday for at least the first two to three weeks. Write down your precious and unique memories you have of your pet in a special notebook or diary to keep forever. It can help to write down the emotions and feelings you are experiencing also, but in a separate notebook or file to throw out or delete, if desired. Be patient with yourself and allow yourself to grieve. Stick around here, we will grieve with you. It is not likely you need to seek medication help unless you have depression for more than two to three months afterwards or can't sleep for more than two weeks.

Hugs 🤗!
Quote 0 0
May
Andy,

I really appreciate your thoughts and honesty in regards to the medication question. I think I will wait for a bit to see where I'm at. I am starting to feel a a little better : )

I also hated to hear the be patient with yourself! Lol! I'm not known for having much patience. But, I know it will take time. Writing is a possibility when I'm not crying thinking of him : (

Thank you,

May

To get through this, well, cry everyday for at least the first two to three weeks. Write down your precious and unique memories you have of your pet in a special notebook or diary to keep forever. It can help to write down the emotions and feelings you are experiencing also, but in a separate notebook or file to throw out or delete, if desired. Be patient with yourself and allow yourself to grieve. Stick around here, we will grieve with you. It is not likely you need to seek medication help unless you have depression for more than two to three months afterwards or can't sleep for more than two weeks.

Hugs 🤗!
Quote 0 0
May
Andy,

Thank you,

May

Hugs 🤗!
Quote 0 0
TaazyBoy
May, awww I am glad it seems to be getting somewhat easier. I keep re reading your first post and I can totally sympathize with you. I could not bear to see our boy suffer and somewhere inside of me I knew what the right thing to do was but it sure doesn't make it easier later. I caught myself smiling today and then was angry, doesn't seem right. I for sure do not get this grief thing, one min you can't breathe, you want to literally be sick from the guilt and wish you didn't feel so much THEN you start to feel a bit better and then get mad at yourself for smiling? Mad because you shouldn't feel happy when you are so sad and miss your fur kid so much. I feel my soul is starting to slowly get in line with the voice that told me what the right thing to do was, my heart that misses him so may not agree. 

So glad you are all here, wish these weren't the circumstances. :(
LM
Quote 0 0
May
Hello Thatcher's mom,

I can so relate to your life with a rescue dog. Yes! Charlie was over protective as well. He had been returned 5 times before the age of 3 months. I'm sure it was because he couldn't be alone without having severe anxiety. My partner and I realized that right away so he always slept at our feet. We were ok with that.

I hate to think this, but in some ways it has been a relief that things happened the way they did. I felt that he suffered emotionally.  He was soooo needy my baby. I gave him 7 years of unconditional love and I love/loved him soooo much. 

Hugs!
May

Ceceliadempsey3 wrote:
May I am so so sorry about Charlie! I wish I could take the pain from you and your partner. They say time heals. It’s been almost two months since I had to put my dog Thatcher down. The pain has eased a bit, however the crying has not stopped. Some days are better then others . But there are so many reminders as I’m sure you know. My dog was a 95 pound Labrador/Newfoundland mix. He was a 2x rescue with a great deal of anxiety too. He was also very protective of me so I always had to be careful with strangers. I miss him terribly and still can’t be he is gone. I hope you and your partner will soon find some peace in knowing that you both loved him and gave him a great life. Hang in there be gentle with yourself. ( it’s so easy to give advice now I have to try and follow it too)
Sending hugs 🤗 and good vibes to you both
Cecelia
Thatcher’s mom
Quote 0 0
Josephine
May wrote:
Hello,

I am completely heart broken. I had to put my Charlie down yesterday. Everything just lined up for him to go : (

A little over a month ago our landlord grandaughter decided to enforce the no pet policy. We had 30 days to move out. Financially, that was going to be really tough on us. We could have done it but it was going to be tough.

A week after I noticed a small lump on the inner part of his leg. We made an appointment with his vet the following week to see what it was. He stated that it was a tumor and that the location of the tumor was non-operable. And that if it grew any larger it would cause great pain and disrupt his vital organs. It may also be cancerous A week after that Charlie had two tumors that grew to Large tumors in the same area.

Before we saw the tumors my partner and I were feeling so depressed. We thought even if he was medically/physically ok Re-homing him was something we knew we couldn't do. We didn't feel it was right to pass on an impulsive/aggressive dog and he was so attached to us. See, our baby had issues with aggression and anxiety. He would lunge at other dogs and people. WE managed him by only walking him in safe places. Honestly, it was isolated areas parks at certain times of the day in our area. We truly lived for our dog.

Ladt week we could see he was in pain. We had a month of difficult soul searching and we decided that the tumors were not going to go away. Even, if we could or would move at that point. That it looked like the beginning of his suffering.

We were such a happy family until a month ago when it all hit.

Charlie was loyal, loving and playful. He had the cutest charcoal eyes on white fur. His facial expressions looked like he was smirking when he was happy. Very cute!

We decided to euthanize. It was all so overwhelming. I feel the guilt because I was supposed to protect and love him. I understand why I did it. But the guilt over putting down your best friend is overwhelming. When I think of him I get this anxiety. My hope is that he is in a good place and that he will forgive me.

Mommy loves you always, or as my daughter called you "Charlie Mac Fluffy pants" 💔
Quote 0 0
Josephine
I too had to make that decision :3 months ago. It’s a very hard thing to do but done out of love and not wanting suffering . No one like to see the pet suffer.
Loosing a pet not easy it’s like your torn apart. But with family and friends they listen with is great. Think all good times .
I planted a rose name Angel Eyes in her favorite spot in garden . A single butterfly comes almost every day at strange times. Take care 🐶
Quote 0 0
May
It does get better.. little by little. I'm going to spread his ashes soon at our favorite spot. I think what was really weird was that yesterday I said out loud in my car, "I miss you Charlie". Then I looked over and at a Taca Bell of all places there was a sign on the window that said, "Miss you More". I was stunned and thought, "Is that a sign"? I'm feeling yes, he is still with me : )
Quote 0 0
Josephine
Thanks for your kind words. Still have her ashes not r ready to part yet. 🙈🐶. They always be with us 🤞💜
Quote 0 0
May
She is so cute!! Even looks like she has a smile or smirk. Wow! Adorable.

Yes, Take care. It will get better.
Quote 0 0