Jem
Hi there. 

I'm pretty new here seeing as I never actually had to face loss of a pet until recently. My dog Bonnie, a springer spaniel whom my family go in 2003, passed away today. I've needed to find somewhere to express my loss and this seemed like the most appropriate way to do it.

She was such a lively puppy when we first got her, tiny! My dad could hold her in her hand. I was 11, but we bonded almost instantly and it was the start of one of the greatest friendships that I would ever have. She was a friendly, loving dog and she was always welcomed by everybody she met. 

Up until around three weeks ago, she was fine, but we noticed her eyes started to yellow and her gums were, too. I panicked, my dad did and we decided to take her to the vet which we got steroids and anti-biotics as they suspected an infection. The weeks went on and she was okay, but not her usual lively self. Then she started getting more tired, started not eating. No interest in water, walks, going out, didn't pay attention to any gestures we'd make to her and she didn't wag her tail. 

Then she was in bad shape, so we took her to the vet and it turned out since her breathing was heavily laboured and other unfortunate signs, she was dying and in pain. So, unfortunately, there was the suggestion of euthanasia and we didn't want to be selfish. She was in agony and she whined and it was almost as if she waited for us to say it was okay for her to leave. But we did the right thing I think. 

I miss her so very much and my room is empty. Every time I look at her bowl or open the door, expecting her to be there, I'm bursting into tears, but what's keeping me going is knowing she's out of pain and is happy on the other side of the bridge. I'm just waiting to meet her again one day!

This is my baby Bonnie here. :) 

12088508_10153029495267714_5650024014287559808_n.jpg
Quote 0 0
BuddyOscar
So sorry to hear about your dear Bonnie. You are correct that you did the right thing.
She will be in your heart always.
Quote 0 0
Jem
Thank you. It's the second day without her and I honestly feel like there's something missing. I'll always keep her in my heart, we're gonna look into a memorial for her today as well. 
Quote 0 0
Daisysmom1
I'm so sorry for your loss, I just went through the same thing a month ago today. It does get a little easier good days and bad days. You did the right thing. Bonnie is out of pain now.

Quote 0 0
Jem
Daisysmom1 wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss, I just went through the same thing a month ago today. It does get a little easier good days and bad days. You did the right thing. Bonnie is out of pain now.

Thank you. It's just obviously heart breaking as you consider them part of the family, but like you said, she's out of pain. I just miss her.

I'm sorry to hear about your little one. Hope you're doing well. 
Quote 0 0