Deltadaybreak Show full post »
Deltadaybreak

Thank you for your understanding. People can be so insensitive. I’m still raw over Dana, I cry easily at the moment. 

I’m sorry for your loss too. X 

Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
My heart gave goes out to you for your precious Dana.  It has been 3 months since my baby girl has passed and I miss  her just like you.  I have 2 kids and it makes no difference in how much I miss my chocolate lab whether I had my own kids or not.  I know it’s not easy, but if you can find a way to focus on the special times with Dana.  That’s the only thing I could do, even though it made me miss her even more.  
M Moore
Quote 0 0
LaylaForeverinmyHeart
I am so sorry for your loss and I know exactly what you’re going through. I lost my precious baby girl almost 6 weeks ago and I am truly heartbroken. Just wanted to tell you that you are a mother, doesn’t matter if it’s your step son. You do everything a mother does like you said. And also I agree it makes no difference. I have a 2 year old son and it doesn’t make it easier. I’ve been crying every single day and it doesn’t get easier. I would do anything to have her back. Please don’t pay attention to what people say as they could be very inconsiderate with their words without even realizing it. I hope that God gives us strength during this difficult time. Sending hugs!
Yana 
Quote 0 0
ddp
Delta daybreak, so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your furry baby DanaI’ve had to put 3 of my dogs down in the past 9 years and it is never easy.  We go through the guilt phase of grief that basically make us second guess our decision and relive  the event over and over again. Why did I notice that? What did I miss? And a sudden death makes the whole process 10x harder because we had no time to emotionally prepare. My most recent loss 3 years ago was my Max. He was fine one day and a little strange the next and I dropped him off at the vet just as a precaution....... his was gone 3 hrs later (a ruptured undetected spleen tumor). Although I had lost furry babies before this one hit me super hard and it took me 3 months to recover. I couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep,my brain was in a complete fog, I looked like hell cause it took all my energy to get out of bed. I was devasted..... and I didn’t even get to be with him or say goodbye.  I make a practice of donating all of my deceased pets belonging to the local shelter, and always purchase new things when I get a new pet.  I did this with Max. But for almost 3 months I heard him in the house. I heard him in the middle of the night doing his normal guard dog thing. I heard him on the 2nd floor jumping off the bed...... I thought I was really losing it.  Friends were asking me when I would get another dog and I told them, “ when I stop hearing this one in the house.”  Then one night in a dream, I saw him. We were separated by a bridge and he was standing on the far side beckoning me to “come on”.  That was when I realized that just as I was confused about the suddenness of his death.....so was he.  I told him that I could not go.....but he could. I told him to go chase the squirrels ( his favorite thing in the world to do)..... and he took off!  Just as he had done in life.....he refused to go without permission. I never heard him the house again! Several weeks after that.... I slept through the night, then one day food tasted like something other than cardboard, and soon after a periodic smile would cross my face.Three months later a needy unadoptable dog found me, rescued me.  Pet people are special....because they choose to love so deeply.  It’s been 3 years since Chewy rescued me and I know Chewy will not live forever either.....he was 14 when he rescued me. So I just spend each day making his life the best of his life.....for the rest of his life. Your baby Dana was loved.....and she knew it💕
DDP
Quote 1 0
Deltadaybreak

These are lovely messages. Thank you. Sometimes I feel people look down women my age (39 next month) if they haven’t had children. As though  somehow it makes me less of a woman. 
I’m always going to miss Dana, as I’ve missed all of the dogs I’ve known and loved. Some people just don’t get it. She wasn’t a replacement for a child, she was part of my family.
I’m so sorry for your losses too, it’s such a hard thing to go through.This is the price we pay for love, any love. Despite how I feel, I’m so grateful Dana came into my life, because she brought me so much joy. ❤️🐾🐾

Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
I'm so sorry for the insensitive comment that you received. I have children, and it's still hard to deal without my Monroe. I get panicky when I dwell too much on the fact that I won't see her again in this earthly life. 
Quote 0 0
Deltadaybreak
I’m sorry for your loss too. I can completely understand the anxiousness. I feel the same. X sending hugs x
Quote 0 0
grievingmama

@Deltadaybreak

I'm in my early 40's a single childless woman who spent her days and nights during the traditional "family rearing years" raising and caring for rescued animals while working and living an otherwise "typical" urban life. The one part of my life that was not typical, and usually not well understood by outsiders, was my decision to raise rescues over building a human family. It was a choice for me, a decision to in some small way do good. One downfall of that decision, fur-kids don't outlive you, empty-nester syndrome comes on far too early. I don't know how to live without my babies. they were my family. 

Over the past 3 years I've had to say goodbye to 3 of 4 - my rescued at 11yrs old cat (passed to CKF at 18yrs old), my 19yr old senior cat who  had been with me for nearly half my life (again CKF) and last month my rock, my soul dog, my sweet loving reason for being boy of 13yrs. I have one left, a rescued at 4 yrs old dog who is now 12.5 yrs with heart and lung disease...we are living day to day. 

I truly believe raising animals is just as valid a form of motherhood and with as strong a bond as having human children. I'm very sorry for your great loss. xx 

Quote 0 0
ChantillyCat
@Deltadaybreak, You are NOT less of a woman. You are every bit a mother as any other mother! I'm so sorry for your coworker's insensitive comments. You're right... some people just don't get it. I'm so sorry you lost your two precious pups. That must be so hard and painful. Sending you healing light and hugs.💕 xx💕
Quote 0 0
Deltadaybreak

Thank you it’s so comforting in a way,  to know that other people feel the same. I’m sorry for your losses too. 

I’m still in shock x 

Quote 1 0