fitchick1961
I have an 11 y/o chihuahua-papillon mix named prince. He was just diagnosed with B cell lymphoma on 7/28.
The way we found it was he had been having diarrhea on and off for about a year. He has always had a sensitive stomach and difficulty with different foods and treats. I switched vets as my old one wasn't much help and prince was losing weight. He went from 15lbs to around 8-9 in a year, was eating and playing, only symptom was the diarrhea. About a month after switching vets, I noticed the lymph nodes around his neck were really big, and that was new. The new vet biopsied the lumps and it came back lymphoma. I found out he had B cell lymphoma,so I opted for chemo. However, he has had 4 tx with absolutely no signs of remission. The lumps around his neck are still huge, and has a few smaller ones in groin too. He still has pretty severe diarrhea, which we are treating. But otherwise is his mostly normal self. I have spent a lot of money, and if the chemo was working would continue, but the vet wants me to see an oncologist, which I can't afford. I don't know if there's any point in continuing the chemo, or just treating him palliatively, and keeping him as comfortable as possible, for as long as possible. I love my puppy so much. I just don't know what to do. Ive already spent around 2500, and if he was responding I would certainly continue, but the vet said they usually go into remission within the first few tx. Does anybody have any experience with this at all
Quote 0 0