wlc68
My 9-yr old cat, Baby Kitty,past away early Fri morning -8-02-13. My daughter and son in-law separated and as a result my son in-law gave me cat, Baby Kitty. I only had her three weeks when she became ill. I took her to the Vet Thur and she said she's pregnant and that the kittens are dead and draining the life out of her. The Vet quoted a price for surgery and treatment but then when she came back in from treating someone elses pet she quoted a higher price and didn't give me a direct answer why she increased it-red flags went up. I decided to get a 2nd opinion but Baby Kitty didn't live to go to that appt.  I started not liking that Vet and I'd never been to her before. Not only was Baby Kitty pregnant but had distemper too. Baby Kitty was walking wobbly Thur and by night she couldn't walk at all. I feel so bad and so guilty all because of the red flag that went up and I wanting a 2nd opinion. Maybe I should have left her with that Vet but......Baby Kitty was getting cold to the touch as the night went on, so cold. I wrapped her in a blanket and we laid down the bed and I was awake all night holding her and comforting her. Her paw was in my hand with a claw in my finger but not hurting me. I loved her before I ever got her but once she was living with me I grew to love her so much more. I love her so much and miss her terribly. I wish my son in-law had told me it's a possibility she's pregnant so I could have done something to end the pregnacy because of her age. Everyone's consoling my daughter and son in-law for the loss of Baby Kitty. What about me? I was there during the hardest part of her life but I am glad I was there.  I'm so hurt! Where is the compassion for me?
Quote 0 0
wlc68
Fri night when I went to bed I was half asleep when I felt something nudge my nose. I thought it was one of my other cats and I reached out to give a pet but no one was there. Well, actually there was someone there-Baby Kitty!
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I know how you feel. We only had my little Kara for about  6 years. Before we had her, she was my dad's girlfriends cat. When she moved out, she left Kara behind with us. She died on Monday night and I changed my facebook picture to her in her memory and I posted an excerpt from a book. The next day, his gf used the picture I had and was telling people that her kitty died. I know it shouldn't, but it made me so angry. My brother and I were with her during her worst and when she died. I just wanted to tell my dad's gf that if she loved hercat so much, then why did she leave her behind? Her apartment allows pets, so I know that wasn't the reason........

Sorry, I am done with that rant. ><
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I am terribly sorry that Baby Kitty is gone. I do know how you feel and that the pain is unimaginable right now. You may not have had her for as long as they did, but the love and connection is there and is real. Most people would have gotten a second opinion, especially after noticing the price going up. Please don't feel guilty. She knows that you love her and that you did everything you could. Being by her side all night and comforting her was the best thing you could do. No one should have to die alone. Being there with her all day and night was the last gift I could give my sweet little Kara.
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
wlc68
It hurts so bad that I lost her and I'm grieving to just as my daughter and son in-law are and that there are so many comforting my daughter and son in-law but not me..I'm angry that I'm not being acknowledged  with Baby Kitty's death and the fact that I was the one with her through all of it. My daughter and son in-law haven't told anyone she'd been living with me but only that she died in my arms.   I love my kid's pets but when one of them come to live with me I love them all the more.  I'm also changing my face book picture in her memory. I just have a lot of pain, guilt, and hurt but I know it's all part of the grieving process. I am so sorry for your loss, Seleya, and we both will get through all of this. It's hard but we'll do it.
Quote 0 0
Seleya

I had an idea come to me earlier. What if all our fur/feather/scale babies from this website are together in their own group at the rainbow bridge talking about their humans and how much they were loved. It brings me some comfort to know that my Kara isn't alone at the bridge. For all we know, Baby Kitty and Kara are playing together and chasing butterflies and smiling down upon us.

― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
wlc68
Yes, I'm sure our fur babies are playing together, chasing butterflies, and talking about the humans they love and how much we love them. And how much they miss us as well as how much we miss them. I miss Baby Kitty so much but I am thankful my son in-law gave her to me so I could love her all the more then I already did and to give her a good home where there's a lot of love. My heart is breaking and hurts so much!  I can hardly wait for her cremanes to come back Thur and back home where she belongs. I will be somewhat better once she's back home.
Quote 0 0