Mauritz
This wednesday was the hardest day in a long time or ever. My cat Mauritz who was 15 months old was ran over by a car. I thougt he had learned to watch out and be aware of cars, he was in leash as a kitten and then slowly I let him out without the leash. I live on the countryside, and heres one road,
But the forest is right behind the house and my yard is big.
I have been crying so much, missing him so much, he was such a funny cat, I feel so guilty that he is gone. He had a good life but way too short, he knew he was loved, but I would do anything to have him back and do in a different way.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m sorry for your loss. Mauritz is such a strong beautiful name. The decision to have a indoor/outdoor cat is a difficult one. They are so naturally happy to roam and explore all the delights the outside world has to offer. Unfortunately accidents happen. While being kept inside is limiting their natural instincts. I’m sorry you’re in pain, the grief can be so difficult to endure. Please feel free to write whenever you’d like. We all understand your pain and are always ready to lend a shoulder to cry on, or words of comfort in this harsh time for you, be good to you,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Mauritz
Thank you! It's very hard. I'm thinking about getting maybe 2 kittens and I am quite sure they are going to be inside, but as I mentioned I have a yard and thinking about making a fenced in area for them. And maybe have them in leash. I am not forgetting Mauritz, I will never do that, but I would love to have small paws here again.
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
Many people have told me that getting another fur baby helped them heal, although for me personally, this would be a bad idea because I’m so worried I wouldn’t be able to bond with another furbaby while my grief is so strong. Regardless of when the time is right for you to bring new babies into your heart and home, of course you you’ll ever forget Mauritz; we never forget those we love no matter how much time goes by. I’m glad you have decided your next kitties will be indoor cats as the lifespan for a one allowed outside is drastically reduced. They love it, but as parents, it’s up to us to ensure their safety. I had many cats like this growing up, and their lives always ended way too soon so I vowed my cats that I had as an adult would never be allowed outside (although sometimes they succeed in sneaking out from time-to-time). Unfortunately, this still doesn’t guarantee a long, healthy life either. Every single new member who first post their loss story expresses regret and guilt over some aspect having to do with their loss. It’s a natural part of the grieving process and arguably one of the worst parts. The bottom line is you loved him, and he knew he was loved. This is my biggest regret as I had a baby 6 months prior and was so exhausted and distracted that I kept telling my sweet Beowulf “not now”. I thought we had time—we didn’t. I pushed him away when he was probably just coming to me because he hurt or needed comforting. He went into congestive heart failure suddenly, and a day later I was told he had massive amounts of cancerous tissue throughout his chest and abdomen. I took him him back to the vet the following day and held onto him even after he was gone. Walking away from him was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. The regrets I have are something I’ll live with for the rest of my life. I had taken him for granted and wonder all the time if I made it clear to him just how much I love him.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm very sorry about your precious Mauritz. My advice would be to grieve his loss first before getting more kittens so that you may allow yourself a chance to heal from this terrible loss. I think it's good that you are thinking of building a fence or to keep any future kittens inside as one just can never predict if an animal will run into the road, maybe chasing a squirrel. My deepest sympathy!

Quote 0 0
Mauritz
Shortnsassy87 wrote:
Many people have told me that getting another fur baby helped them heal, although for me personally, this would be a bad idea because I’m so worried I wouldn’t be able to bond with another furbaby while my grief is so strong. Regardless of when the time is right for you to bring new babies into your heart and home, of course you you’ll ever forget Mauritz; we never forget those we love no matter how much time goes by. I’m glad you have decided your next kitties will be indoor cats as the lifespan for a one allowed outside is drastically reduced. They love it, but as parents, it’s up to us to ensure their safety. I had many cats like this growing up, and their lives always ended way too soon so I vowed my cats that I had as an adult would never be allowed outside (although sometimes they succeed in sneaking out from time-to-time). Unfortunately, this still doesn’t guarantee a long, healthy life either. Every single new member who first post their loss story expresses regret and guilt over some aspect having to do with their loss. It’s a natural part of the grieving process and arguably one of the worst parts. The bottom line is you loved him, and he knew he was loved. This is my biggest regret as I had a baby 6 months prior and was so exhausted and distracted that I kept telling my sweet Beowulf “not now”. I thought we had time—we didn’t. I pushed him away when he was probably just coming to me because he hurt or needed comforting. He went into congestive heart failure suddenly, and a day later I was told he had massive amounts of cancerous tissue throughout his chest and abdomen. I took him him back to the vet the following day and held onto him even after he was gone. Walking away from him was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. The regrets I have are something I’ll live with for the rest of my life. I had taken him for granted and wonder all the time if I made it clear to him just how much I love him.
Quote 0 0
Mauritz
I am so sorry about Beowulf, but I am sure he knew he was loved, but I really understand you. I think I did give Mauritz lots of love, he was kissed each day. But the fact I didn`t understand quite was that he was not mature and adult enough to handle the road. And too playful still. That hurts the most, and of course that I miss him like it physcally hurts. It was nice I found this forum, everyone do not understand.
I had to get free from my work. My boyfriend hurted me a bit when he said my grief or shock, the day I found out about Mauritz, was a bit over the edge. For me it wasn`t so.
Thank you so much for the support.
Quote 0 0