Kalli
Two nights ago my cat passed away of a blood clot. I was bout of town but my house sitter was with him. I had to make the decision whether to have him put down that night or to trybto keep him alive and in pain so I could see him again. I know it would have been selfish to prolong his suffering for my sake but I feel terrible that I couldn't be there. I had been looking forward to coming home to him so much, and now I will be returning to an empty apartment. He was such a kind, pure soul even with his health problems and history. He was a rescue and had contracted FIV in the streets. I loved him with all my heart and I knew this day would come but I had hoped I would have more time. I'm devastated.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for your loss Kalli. Believe me when I tell you I know how devastated you must feel. It was very kind of you to let him go and not make him suffer. Their passing is always too soon.

Quote 0 0
Kalli
Thank you, MAIcindor. It's been rough, wondering if there was more I could have done, but even the vet said he was doing alright at his last checkup.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I ask myself the same question about my Max. The last ER vet who saw him told me "Max is a great little liar", he looked well but was very ill. We can only do the best we know how to do by them, the rest is up to God.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Kalli, I'm terribly sorry for you loss and for your not being able to be there. That's really hard and adds another whole layer to your grief, I'm sure. My heart goes out to you.

The first days and weeks are just so hard! I hope you'll be extra gentle with yourself and take good care of you. Grief takes a ton out of a person and is exhausting.

Wishing you much, much comfort and strength in this tough, tough time.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Kalli,
I can't imagine what you are going through, having been out of town and having to make that decision. My story is similar, but not the same. I was across the country when I got the news that my Rookie wasn't well- he was with my parents. I literally got the first plane I could, and prayed he'd hold on. I tried for 5 days to help him and then made the hardest choice ever. I feel very angry that I was out of town and missed his last good two weeks, so I know what you mean when you say you were looking forward to coming home to him. I'm keeping you in my thoughts Kalli!!
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Malcindor,
"Great little liar," gosh, what a line. I could totally see that with my Rookie too, as he wagged his tail (at times) even that last day. I guess they want so much to make us happy, even at their end.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Rookiesmama, they're so little yet so strong. They try until the very end to please us. Just breaks my heart even more. 💔
Quote 0 0