vipersmom
I found my 5 year old female cat, Jelly, lying on the bathroom floor last night and not breathing. We took her to an emergency vet clinic but they couldn't find a heartbeat and said she had passed. 

She was born in our backyard with her 5 siblings. We took her in when my 17 year old beloved Viper passed because she was getting picked on by the others. Although she was a little anxious coming into my house she adjusted very well. After all the rest of the outside cats left, we took in her brother who was diagnosed with FIV. We kept them separated since Jelly was FIV negative. I did notice some wheezing the past few weeks or so but she was so skittish with the vet that they would only look at her if she was sedated and they couldn't guarantee that she wouldn't have issue with the sedation.

I feel so awful right now. Why couldn't I be there when she needed me? I cant stop crying.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss of your precious Jelly. For all your pain and tears. Five is way too young.

I hope writing here and connecting with others who understand the pain will be a help. It is just so hard!

I hope you can keep from blaming yourself. No one can be with their baby every moment of the day. 

Wishing you much comfort and sending hugs.

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
vipersmom
Thanks for the kind words.
Lisa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Just stopping by, Lisa--I hope things get easier. I know right at first the heartache is off the charts. Take care of you!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
vipersmom
Thank you. I'm doing a little better.
Lisa
Quote 0 0