Isabellacat Show full post »
Isabellacat
Thanks James....

Yes the mom cat is the mother of the two boy kitties. Here's a pic of them taken a few weeks before they got here...

[00k0k_5tC1nYSz33_1200x900]

I named the one on the left Milky(AKA Fraidy) and the one on the right Ozzy(AKA Baby Ninja). The mom looks like a slightly bigger version of Georgetta. Actually baby Ninja never hissed at me at all,and was the first to warm up to me very quick the first day he was here. He never hid from me either. Milky hissed at me a few times but lately has warmed up to me very good,and loves to be petted and I do sense a bond with him. They're still practically babies though. I guess I'll try to be more patient with the mom cat whom I've named Betty Boo Boo because the previous owner named her Boo. I noticed she is still breastfeeding them too. I did pet her a few times and she seemed to love it. I wish Georgetta was still here though.
The irony is that if she were still alive then this trio family of cats would have been seperated. That would have been a tragedy too because these two brother cats are very close,and it makes me sad to think what if I didn't pick them up,then they would have been seperated.

I miss the personality that Georgetta was though,and it saddens me so deep that I won't ever have another cat like her again. Then maybe after sometime who knows I hope these new cats will totally take her place in my heart. I do treat them the same way I treated her,and they are indoor-only which is a huge difference.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Isabellacat, I’m so sorry for your terrible loss! Getting that phone call with graphic details about your dear Georgetta would be traumatizing. I understand why you feel devastated. I think you made the absolute right decision to let her go. You didn’t want her to suffer and because the injuries were so bad she would have continued to suffer. I’m also sorry about your grandmother. I notice that you said the mother cat Betty Boo looks a lot like Georgetta. She is probably very protective of her babies as she should be and it might make her seem standoffish but she’s just being a devoted mom. Once she sees that you mean no harm to her babies and that you love them too she will warm up to you. If she allows you to pet her and seems to like it, that’s a very good sign. Unfortunately people are not always nice to cats and other animals so we don’t know what her experience has been. The mother and kittens will never replace Georgetta nor would you want them to. She will stay in your heart and in time you will be able to enjoy the good memories. I feel so sad for what happened. It’s so hard to lose your pet under the best of circumstances but in your case it’s even harder because you tried to keep her safe. Your roommate shouldn’t have let her out but she didn’t know this would happen. It’s strange that she got outside though if she was headed to the rooftop. Sometimes we may have to accept that there are things we might not find out but it doesn’t change the outcome. In your place I would try hard to focus on all the good times you had and know that you don’t ever have to let Georgetta go from your heart. The new cat and kittens will only bring you more love when you can open your heart and allow them in. It sounds like that’s already started to happen. It will take some time because you’ve been through a terrible loss but in time you will love them for everything they will bring to your life, Mama cat too. You’ll always love Georgetta and it so important to keep remembering that she is at peace now. I think she wants you to feel peace too because she really loved you. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I had to add that the picture of the kittens is just adorable! Thanks for posting it! Take Care!
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
Hi Isabellacat

I'm sorry for what you are going through. Please don't take it as a slight if you don't get responses quickly here, people sometimes just read through people stories, or find it difficult to say anything when they are also in pain. Except for James, is borderline part time councilor here😆. Sometimes, believe it or not, you writing some words if comfort to someone else's post could help you even if it's a short period of time. There are so many if us going through this grief with so many stories, some peoples pets are missing, had accidents, vets have played their part, a pet a drowned, so many stories of tragedy. And I get it, if you are anything like me, you are angry at the world for allowing what happened to happen.
Momma cats are a little all over the place emotionally when they have had kittens. She has obviously gone through a lot and right now she is not sure of what or who she can trust. You may have to work at it, but she will not like your kitty, and that's a good thing, because she is not a replacement. You have love to give and this will be new and different.
My warmest wishes for you.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Isabella,

That photo of your two adopted kitten is ADORABLE! Yes, it is fantastic news that you are going to keep the entire family of 3 together : ) So rare and so wonderful. And very admirable of you! Thank you for opening your heart and your home to the feline trio. Their names are also delightful. They made me smile. : )  I am sure they are going to continue to open up their hearts to you, and fully appreciate, love, adore and cherish you for allowing them into your life. Well done sweetheart.

Cheers!
James
Quote 0 0
Isabellacat
CK1991 wrote:
Hi Isabellacat, I’m so sorry for your terrible loss! Getting that phone call with graphic details about your dear Georgetta would be traumatizing. I understand why you feel devastated. I think you made the absolute right decision to let her go. You didn’t want her to suffer and because the injuries were so bad she would have continued to suffer. I’m also sorry about your grandmother. I notice that you said the mother cat Betty Boo looks a lot like Georgetta. She is probably very protective of her babies as she should be and it might make her seem standoffish but she’s just being a devoted mom. Once she sees that you mean no harm to her babies and that you love them too she will warm up to you. If she allows you to pet her and seems to like it, that’s a very good sign. Unfortunately people are not always nice to cats and other animals so we don’t know what her experience has been. The mother and kittens will never replace Georgetta nor would you want them to. She will stay in your heart and in time you will be able to enjoy the good memories. I feel so sad for what happened. It’s so hard to lose your pet under the best of circumstances but in your case it’s even harder because you tried to keep her safe. Your roommate shouldn’t have let her out but she didn’t know this would happen. It’s strange that she got outside though if she was headed to the rooftop. Sometimes we may have to accept that there are things we might not find out but it doesn’t change the outcome. In your place I would try hard to focus on all the good times you had and know that you don’t ever have to let Georgetta go from your heart. The new cat and kittens will only bring you more love when you can open your heart and allow them in. It sounds like that’s already started to happen. It will take some time because you’ve been through a terrible loss but in time you will love them for everything they will bring to your life, Mama cat too. You’ll always love Georgetta and it so important to keep remembering that she is at peace now. I think she wants you to feel peace too because she really loved you. Hugs to you!
CK

Thanks for that reply. I highlighted the part that really does get me thinking alot,it really bugs the heck out of me. There has been construction going on next door to our house,and noticed she loved to go on the rooftop next door alot as well as our rooftop. I remember just a few days prior to her accident, I heard a voice of a strange man trying to pick my Georgetta up somewhere a few stories up from me. I go to let her back in quick cos I was scared this person was gonna grab her or something. There has been a neighbor from upstairs who has made alot of complaints to the building manager and even to my roommate about Georgetta defecating on his property. He keeps this fake golfcourse lawn on top of the roof(which according to the building manager shouldn't even be there in the first place),and accused Georgetta of defecating on it.

I know it would be hard to get people to admit to their crime,but I can't help but suspect she had at least gotten help to get outside from someone because this building is just way too impossible for a cat like her to escape from the front,it is heavily guarded and I doubt she would have slipped off the ledge that easily. I know it's not gonna change the outcome but it would give me peace to find out who let my cat outside into the public. I contacted PETA about this actually and they suggested that I press some charges  on some people,particularly my neighbor upstairs,and even  go out and tell the media about it,but I am under so much grief and stress over the loss I don't know what to do,but I really do wanna know what really happened :( 

I won't ever have a cat like her again :( She never hesistated to sit on my lap,the look she always gave me I'll never experience again. She had such a cute way of meowing too,she had a squeaky sounding meow... She was like my own child,and she was a child. I am crying so much today. Two months after losing my baby,and I'm still a wreck emotionally.

I'm being patient with my new cats but it's also a big reminder of what I used to have and it kinda hurts. I'll post a pic of Georgetta sometime too,but it's hard for me to even look at a pic of her without breaking down.

Quote 0 0
Ronnie
Hi,

My condolences. I understand your loss very much...unfortunately. It's like a punch to the stomach that knocks the wind, and soul, out of you. I lost my amazing companion 6 weeks ago from yestarday. I'm still in disbelief that he's not here. I know how overwhelming it can be. I wish you well. 

sincerely,

Ronnie
Talyn's Daddy
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TALYN001/Resident.htm
Ronnie A
Quote 0 0
Isabellacat
It's been a difficult transition period but I think it's been getting better.

All 3 cats have warmed up to me 100% by now 😉 😉 Mom cat finally broke out of her hissy shyness,and is now constantly begging for my attention lol. Getting to know her now and she is soo sweet.

Come to realize tonight I am glad I got these cats,and saved them from being broken apart as a family. That would have been a tragedy itself because I can tell they are all bonded. Took awhile to warmup but I think we're off to a good start now.
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
Oh how wonderful!! Momma cat has probably been through alot and didn't know if she could trust you. Your efforts have paid off and now she knows you are 'the real deal' 😀😀 it's so sweet, it's been a learning period for both of you, and in a way you are both helping each other move onto another chapter if your lives. You are right, helping them stay together as a little family has saved alot of emotional upheaval on top of what ever bought them to the shelter. You have done something wonderful. Georgette's memory lives on forever, and you have helped another.
I look forward to some pictures 😀
Quote 0 0
Miasmom_704
Dear Isabella,

yes, what James said is true.  We are all dealing with loss here on the forum and sometimes it's even overwhelming to read everyone's losses and pain.  I'm grieving over my kitty I lost in July just before her birthday.  I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandma too.  It's a lot of loss in just a few weeks for you.  Please be kind to yourself and please be patient with your own healing.  What do you like to do?  Each time you feel pain, you have to connect with yourself in a positive way.  Be in nature, be with friends.... run, art, anime, what is it that's positive that yo like to do?  For one thing, your new little kitties and momma should bring you joy right now.  Please make them a priority.  They need you since you chose them.  Play with the kittens, they do such funny and cute  things.  That should make you laugh.  

The pain you feel over the loss of your Georgetta and your Grandma will be there in your heart.  But know that it's normal to feel what you're feeling especially because they were major losses so close together.  But promise that if you feel really suicidal like you're going to do anything, to call a suicide hotline or call for help with a friend or family member.  But the kitties are good snuggling buddies when you feel pain.

Hang on.  We all are hanging on here and it's helpful to post.  It really is.

And.... Wow, it's so glad to know the kitties warmed up to you!  Love them and hold them!

Mia’s Mom
Please visit Mia’s memorial
Visit Mia's Rainbow Bridge Memorial Residency

Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Isabella,

Thank you so much for sharing that delightful and wonderful news with us here on the forum! It was very much needed here.

Again...Well done Isabella! 

Hurrah!

All my very best,
James
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Hi Isabella, I agree with everyone! Simple wonderful news! You have given these cats a new lease on life.
I hope you were able to find some peace with Georgetta’s passing. I know that question of how she got outside has bothered you and I can understand why. I sincerely hope that the neighbor who was complaining about Georgetta would never have put her outside! If that was the case Isabella, there is karma!! Please believe that and also know that your sweet girl is at peace now and she is so proud of her mom for rescuing these cats! She loved you so much that every time you smile at one of these kitties she will be smiling too!
Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Isabellacat
Miasmom_704 wrote:
Dear Isabella,

yes, what James said is true.  We are all dealing with loss here on the forum and sometimes it's even overwhelming to read everyone's losses and pain.  I'm grieving over my kitty I lost in July just before her birthday.  I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandma too.  It's a lot of loss in just a few weeks for you.  Please be kind to yourself and please be patient with your own healing.  What do you like to do?  Each time you feel pain, you have to connect with yourself in a positive way.  Be in nature, be with friends.... run, art, anime, what is it that's positive that yo like to do?  For one thing, your new little kitties and momma should bring you joy right now.  Please make them a priority.  They need you since you chose them.  Play with the kittens, they do such funny and cute  things.  That should make you laugh.  

The pain you feel over the loss of your Georgetta and your Grandma will be there in your heart.  But know that it's normal to feel what you're feeling especially because they were major losses so close together.  But promise that if you feel really suicidal like you're going to do anything, to call a suicide hotline or call for help with a friend or family member.  But the kitties are good snuggling buddies when you feel pain.

Hang on.  We all are hanging on here and it's helpful to post.  It really is.

And.... Wow, it's so glad to know the kitties warmed up to you!  Love them and hold them!

Thank you for the good advice Miasmom. 

That is actually with what I'm trying to cope with right now,dealing with that pain of loss whenever it hits me in my heart. You're right though,doing positive activities helps. I do enjoy watching movies and playing guitar even. At times though the loss just hits me very hard while I am thinking,and I go to an area where it just feels so dreadful and helpless. I go into a place where I find myself wishing so strongly Georgetta was back alive,and I totally feel traumatized over the details of her death and really wish I wasn't told in such detail how she got into an accident. :( :( To think my vulnerable sweetie had to endure such a sudden and scary death is just too much for me to wrap my head around at times.

Slowly but surely these new cats have been providing some much needed joy and affection,but it's just not the same anymore. 

I was surprised though lately how the Momma kitty(her name is Betty Boo Boo aka Georgia 2 btw) has been warming up to me,even jumping on my lap alot the past few days the way Georgetta use to. It's uncanny how similar they are actually in looks,and sometimes I feel it might be her again. I cried the other night when she jumped on my lap and snuggled,felt like the universe is trying to give me a second chance,but she is not Georgetta though :( Betty has licked my hand a few times too , but it's not the same like Georgetta used to do it.  Also seems like she likes my roommate a little more which is weird. Boy kitties hate being on my lap though,but they have also licked me a few times.

I trip off how Betty looks alot like Georgetta actually,and I feel at times she maybe her sister. Also feel Georgetta's spirit in her sometimes.

On the bright side, I am definitely glad these new cats are here now. I think I would have  a harder time dealing with these emotions of loss if they were not here and if it was just an empty house with no cats I think I would be more depressed. These new kitties antics also makes me laugh and have cheered me up,they are very funny when they play together. I guess I just have a hardtime dealing with those emotions when they hit my heart. I really wish Georgetta was still here!!!! I don't think I ever was that close to an animal before,she was so much cooler than any human to me,best friend I ever had.

Btw I'm sorry for your loss Mia :( I can only imagine how hard it must be to lose a loved one before their b-day. I do not know my new cats b-day either. They were not rescued from a shelter btw,I found them from a person on Craigslist whom I believe rescued them themselves off the street. I still need to neuter the boy cats,but will wait a few more months since they are still small babies and just barely 2 months old.

Quote 0 0