CounselorMom1960
I had to have my 12-year-old cat, Oreo, put to sleep this morning. I have never had a
pet this long or experienced being there when my beloved furbaby slipped away. It was
a great experience being with him at the end. At first I wasn't going to, but I decided
to at the last minute. He was suffering so badly. He couldn't lift his head all day yesterday.
He walked into my bedroom at 5:30 am and meowed to wake me up as if to say,
"Mama, it is time." He was in so much pain and breathing heavily. I have cried all day
and my eyes are hurting. I feel such a sharp pain in my heart as if it is breaking. I
don't feel like I will ever get over this. Oreo was the most beautiful black and white
cat and had such a loving personality. He loved and was loved by all. I would give
a million dollars if I had it if he would walk into my house right now. I think I am
seeing him everywhere. I am going to get another cat soon but it will never be the
same. Thank you to who created this site as a venue to pay tribute to our pets.
They mattered so much to us and it is good to post here.
I told someone today that it's too bad we can't have funerals for animals, where
people come see us and give us hugs and we can talk about the good times
we have had with our pets. I did get 3 hugs and lots of sympathy posts on
Facebook and for that I am grateful. I am also thankful that I had Oreo for
12 years. He was such a special gift from God.
Teri Phillips
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Dear Teri,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Oreo.
You gave your precious boy the last most loving gift you could ever give, you didn't let him suffer, such a brave yet gut wrenching thing for you to do.
Oreo sounds like a beautiful boy, if you feel up to it, I would love to see a photo of your Oreo, of course I completely understand if you aren't feeling up to it, whenever you are ready, there is no rush.
Hold the many cherished moments you and Oreo shared over the years close to your heart, and your sweet boy will always send his love to let you know he is never far.
I am so sorry for your loss, sending our warmest wishes for such peace and healing to you, along with our most positive thoughts.

Sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for in heart pooh quotes

Quote 0 0
Marie123
Teri, I know how you feel. This past spring I had to say goodbye to my beautiful black kitty Raven. Like your Oreo, she let me know when it was time for her to leave. It was the most bittersweet thing I've ever done, but I know that it was the right thing for her.
Taking on another's pain so that they can rest is the ultimate gift you can give them. It's truly an act of love and selflessness. Your Oreo is watching over now, along with all the others, sending his love and thanking you for the wonderful life he may otherwise not have had.
I hope you can find some peace and comfort here. Everyone is so kind on this forum. Take care now 🐱🐺
Quote 0 0
CounselorMom1960
Thank you both for your sweet replies. I am still grieving and depressed. I
was at a pet store and saw a black and white cat that looked like Oreo. I held
him and it wasn't near the same. I did end up getting a new kitten today but
she is very skittish and afraid. I don't know if it will work out or if i even want
it. I do appreciate this forum and your understanding.   
Teri Phillips
Quote 0 0
carmens_mom
Good evening Teri, I read your post and was so touched by your story.  It is so difficult to make the decision you had to make, but we all know it was because you loved him so much that you chose to take on the pain so he wouldn't have to hurt anymore.  I can remember going to the vets office and having to make the same decision with my Gigi, a fat little chowhound of a chihuahua!!  But oh so beautiful.  But like you, Teri, I knew I couldn't allow her to hurt anymore.  Know that those of us who have experienced similar situations hold you close in our heart and pray for your peace.  God Bless you Teri. 
My warmest regards,  Carmen's and Gigi's mom - alicia
Quote 0 0