anang
002[1].jpg  demon seed.jpg 
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
anang
I came to this incredible site because I lost my Ana Ng. 
I have been selfish in not including my still-living precious cat Meeper.
He is about 13 years old. He was born in Pompano, FL in the bushes. I have had him for over 12 years. His name is Meeper because he meeps all over the place. The second picture shows him as a kitten, when he was still living next to my apartment in Pompano. The first picture shows how he has "grown" over the years. I used to feed him every morning out my back window when he and about 7 other local outdoor cats came calling at my back door. The other cats were predominantly feral, but Meeps was a tiny little kitten. A cat that I named Gray Kitty took him under his wing as his daddy. They would nosey kiss constantly and lay under the bushes together. 
Meeps hid during the entire time Ana Ng was sick (which was less than a day.) He was reluctant to come out afterwords and seemed confused, but not distressed. The two of them were never close, as Ana Ng was always standoffish towards other cats.
Meeper is a wonderful cat, and I love him. 
He's always been a trooper!
PS: In the second picture you may notice that he had a mark on his nose. He received that (back in the day) when he over zealously tried to share a food bowl with a female cat!
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Katie,

Ohhhhh! How wonderful! You have an "Orange Boy"! That is what we have been calling them here on the forum the past several months! They are so fun and loving. Thank you for adopting Meeps and for sharing his photo images and a bit of his and your story.

Meeps is a handsome fellow. Did you notice the "M" on his forehead? All orange tabby's have that distinct "M". It stands for "Marmalade." (Just kidding! Lol.)

I send him a nose kiss. X

All best again,
James
Quote 0 0
anang
Thanks James!

Meeper is a true "Orange Boy". He is a great, neurotic cat with a ton of personality. Hmmm...I did notice the "M" on his forehead. I assumed that is stood for Meeper, lol.

There is actually a fantastically cute video on youtube. I have nothing to do with it, but I just found it one day. It's called "Meeper the Blind Cat". It shows a little "Orange Boy", who is apparently blind, chasing a ping pong ball around in a bathtub, happy as a clam.

Meeper received your nose kiss and he said "Meow" (ie. thank you).

Warm regards,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

"Hmmm...I did notice the "M" on his forehead. I assumed that is stood for Meeper, lol."

Ahaha! Yes of course! 

: )
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Meeper is a handsome boy. I'm biased cuz he looks like my Jagger but I know he is special, cuz all golden boys are. Thank you for sharing and caring for him.

Jan
Quote 0 0
anang
Thank you for your kind words Jan!

Meeper is a bundle of personality! He is a precious golden-orange boy! I love the stripes on his tail.

Jagger must be an amazing kitty!

-Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Jenniferhiggs1221
Awww he is so cute..and i did just notice the "m" on his forehead..now im gonna have to go back and look at pictures of Reeses and see if he had it also
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Jennifer,

Yes Reeses has distinct "M" on his forehead too. I just checked one of the photos you shared.

: )
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I just love the name Meeper and I love vocal kitties.  My Roary was a Yower.  He always had several very loud plantative Yows for me when ever I walked into a room.
AR
Quote 0 0
anang
Thank you for reading my post AR. You are such a kind person. It resonates throughout your posts. 
Yows, I love it! Your Roary sounds precious!
Meeper literally Meeps all over the place. Years ago when, I brought him home after being fixed, the vet said that he would be sedate for a few hours and recommended that I keep him in his mesh carrier. As soon as I got him home, he started Meeping all over the place, pushing his nosey against the mesh to the point it got bruised. I called the vet and said "He's meeping all over the place". The vet advised me to let him out of his carrier. He ferociously attacked his food and water bowl and acted as if nothing ever happened. He is a trooper.
Much love,
Katie 
K. Unger
Quote 0 0