eaglegirl
My sweetheart Jasmine crossed over 2 days ago. And of course it's very raw emotionally right now. We have another cat 2 years older than Jasmine a boy cat named Chazzy who's 12.
It all happened so fast we took her to the vet emergency and it started out looking like pancreatitis but kept going downhill. X-rays showed serious problems with kidneys. Blood work showed creatinine level hitting the roof.
Then after an ultrasound she was diagnosed with kidney cancer. One of her kidneys had deteriorated and her other one became very large and had a growth.
My husband of 40 years has barely ever cried. But he really broke down over the loss of his baby girl. She had him wrapped around his finger, LOL.
Jasmine has been a great comfort to me also going through many years are chronic illness. I guess I'll set up my own memorial for her and I set my daughter a subscription so she can make up one for her also. Thank you all for being here. Our daughter rescued her when she was a kitten.
Quote 0 0
LuvTank1
So sorry for your loss, what a cute girl!  
Cammy Ripley
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
I'm sorry too. I lost my boy Timber recently to kidney failure. Rescued him too as a baby and together until his last day on Earth. Feels so lonely without him.
Quote 0 0
exburt
Jasmine looks like the kind of cat that would keep the family on the straight and narrow.  I know I would've watched my P's and Q's around her.  

I'm a cat daddy of long standing, and I have been wrapped around many a furry finger. I can see why your husband cried. 

I would've like to have met Jasmine. 

All the best, 
Burt
B Weinstein
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Eaglegirl - I am so sorry for you loss of your beloved Jasmine. She looks very much like my beloved Tusk who I lost many years ago. He was another one who had a very feisty personality and kept everyone on their toes. I wish I had the magical words to say to make it easier for you and your husband but there are no words to take away the pain and deep hurt you are feeling now. We have to believe that the grief we feel now will run its course and we just have to hold on tight and hang on because there is a light at the end of the tunnel. After almost 11 weeks I am still in a deep grief after the loss of my beloved Brutus, but I just keep telling myself that it will get bearable--however long that takes. Please know that I understand how you are feeling--you are not alone. Everyone on this forum has suffered similar feelings of grief although the particulars are different--the one constant is that we have all lost our precious fur-babies which have changed our lives with such impact and we are all just trying to get through it--one day at a time--baby steps. I wish you and your husband warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
eaglegirl
Msweet,

Thank you so much. This is the first time I've had two cats at the same time. So having my Chazy cat around is good but making it harder in some ways. When he comes on my lap at night is when it really gets to me and I talked to him about Jasmine.
He's getting extra love and attention and seems to want more of it also. He's lost his buddy his partner-in-crime his best friend.
She was the one who got him to play and running after her gave him some exercise. I did find something interesting online there are apps called cat alone where dots or bugs or other things move across the screen so he's like looking at that some. I want him to get some stimulation.
Quote 0 0
eaglegirl
Thank you all for your care and concern. Through this with my last cat but this time it's just so much harder.
Quote 0 0