Meekosmommy
I posted on here before about my dog passing away, but this morning my neighbors dog killed my cat .. this is the second cat of mine they have killed, I have lived in that house for 22 years and have had outdoor cats all my life, and none of my cats have been murdered until those dogs moved in next door. I'm heartbroken AGAIN!
Quote 0 0
silvermini3
You and Kariaries, who's post I just read have had the same experience. I would at this point have a talk with the neighbors. I am sorry for this loss, as I was when reading about your dog. I remember your name. 
Quote 0 0
catlong75
so sorry to hear this. Its so sad to lose a pet this way. I have had a cat killed by a neighbors dog as well almost three years ago. He was the most lovable cat in the world. I dont have any idea why he wanted to go out.
hitomi's mom
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
Thank you both. This sucks! I am trying to get over my dog passing away and then my cat gets murdered. Life isn't fair sometime.. I feel bad because we rescued her in order to give her a good home but I couldn't protect her from those dogs. I feel like crap about this.
Quote 0 0
et61
I am so sorry for your loss. We had two stray kittens we gave to someone (as we already have 8) and was recently informed that a stray dog came and killed one of the kittens. My heart just broke. I am so tired of people letting their dogs loose and this happens. Are your neighbors dogs not fenced in? I would definitely talk to them or contact the police if they are allowed to let their dogs roam free.
Quote 0 0
Steph2oo9
I am so very sorry. I would call animal control on them. They need to keep their dogs contained, especially if they are that aggressive. That is not safe for animals or kids.
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
The thing is that it happened in their yard :( so I don't think anothing can happen. I have a window in my kitchen that pushes open and my cats push it open on their own and go outside ..
Quote 0 0
KatiesMom
I am so sorry, Meekosmom.....it is terrible and so hard to accept loosing a cat that way.

We have to understand though, most dogs would chase and maybe kill small animals. Most cats will do the same with mice, small baby rabbits etc. They are all predators and prey driven.

The police will get involved, when the dogs would bite a human. Or when they would enter your yard and kill your dog.

As sad as it is, I would not let the cats outdoors anymore, as long as your neighbors have these dogs.

((Hugs))
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
Katiesmom, I know I feel terrible. I should have never let my cats outside. I feel like its all my fault:(
Quote 0 0
MLynne
I remember you as well offering comfort when my Rudy boy passed. It's heartbreaking to lose any animal as a result from a senseless attack. My heart goes out to you along with my prayers. You have been a comfort to many here and I hope we can do the same for you. It's not your fault and the life your kitty had was a precious gift your baby will always know. My love and prayers to you.

MaryLynne
Quote 0 0
officerripley
Oh, I'm so sorry, Meekosmommy, my heart & hugs go out to you.  And pls. try not to blame yourself; I've had cat owners tell me that some cats just are so unhappy staying inside that it is heartbreaking to try to force them into it (miserable howling, crying etc.).  Plus your kitty got out a window, so please please don't beat yourself up, it can & does happen sometimes to anybody.  (1 cat owner I know told me that her cat figured out how to open a heavy, wooden sliding pocket door; when I said how in the world did she figure out how to do that, she said she stuck 1 paw in that tiny space under the door & just kept wiggling her paw back & forth 'till she got the door sliding open.)
Hey, gals, like being able to drive & vote? Thank a feminist!
Quote 0 0
KatiesMom
Meekosmom, please do not feel guilty. By no means, I meant to say that...my cats also go outside at times and anything can happen...if at all, your post made me think about letting them go in the yard. Our predators are the coyotes.

Personally, I believe none of us can change the time, our loved ones, pets and humans alike, are being called home. Even if your cats from now on stay inside, it will not change the script that has been written for them.

I am so sorry for your tragic loss, but it certainly is nobody's fault and for sure not yours.
Quote 0 0