teresa

Yesterday between 2:45 am and 7:00am i lost the best buddy i could ever have had. I think he had 2 heart attacks 1 earlier on tues night and then maybe a final one yesterday morning sometime before 7:00am. He was 15 years old and 1 month. Not a young dog but a buddy dog my husband and i have had for that long. He was so much human it was scary. He didn't want you to be mad at him and would make sure while younger if he thought you were he didn't go to bed until he was sure you forgave him. I have seen tears in his eyes. He was born deformed. His paw on 1 of his front legs was on the side of the leg about 2 inches-3 inches up. He walked on bone there. He mustly ran holding this leg up-hence his name tri*pod. He had several deformed spots but to us he was perfect. He loved home cooked meals. If you went out to eat or just went out, when you came home he wanted to smell your breath just to know if you did or not. If you ate a snack, he wanted the same. No dog treats for him only people food. He was a poodle from his mama and a terrier from his daddy mix. About 2 years ago he first got sick. He had an enlarged prostate. So he was neutered. No cancer but from then he had other problems. He kept having a cyst of fluid form and had to go about 3 more surgeries before it was all drained and kept from coming back. Then he developed heart failure-fluid. He developed the cough/gag. He was put on steroids, fluid pill and heart medicine. The last 2 weeks seemed like he had done the best in a long time. He was more alert again wanting to play, waiting while i cooked supper. Then 2 nights ago something happened. He fell down around 9:00 pm tues night. We guess he had a light heart attack.  he could not sleep. He developed diarreah. Then he evidentually had a massive heart attack after getting a drink of water. Around 7Am we found him gone. We are besides our self. Now hes not here to get under our feet, or catch frogs of which he used to love to chase while younger. Or go to the clothes line with me or sit on the porch. I have cried and cried. I know to some he is a dog but to us he was more then a dog could ever be. Thanks for reading.

Quote 0 0
McBeil77
My prayers certainly go out to you,your family and ofcourse Tripod. I'm sure he is in a better place now and is completely free from any problems he had in his life. Again my prayers go out.
Quote 0 0
teresa

thank you for understanding....all 3 of our kids are grown and he seemed to fill a void left.

Quote 0 0
ChesterMommy
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Tripod wasn't "just" a dog to you, just as my Chester wasn't "just" a cat to me, and my 3 cats now aren't just cats, either.  I can only imagine the pain you're going through right now, but I hope that you find peace in the coming days and years.  You'll be in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0
Mickey

I am so sorry for the loss of your buddy, Tripod. He sounds like he was a wonderful companion & friend.  The days will get easier.  Continue to come & share with us about his life. He sounds like he was very special and you were very special, too, for caring for him all those years.

In memory of my Bridge Kids, past until present.
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Teresa,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Tripod. My heart goes out to you. We all know the heartache that you are going through. It will take time for your heart to heal, one day at a time. You have all your loving memories of Tripod and the life you shared. His loving spirit will always be with you, watching over you.
Your Tripod wasn't just a dog.  All our precious babies are gifts from God, sent to us to love and become part of our famlies. They give to us there unconditional love.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and please know that we are all here for you and I pray that you will find comfort and peace in the days ahead.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0
jasminesmom
Teresa, I am so sorry for your loss. Tripod, like my Jasmine, was not 'just a dog'. He was your child and as human acting as he could get. He was a loving companion and friend who ask for little in return from you.
Be grateful knowing he is once again young and pain free. Running, playing with all of our furbabies at The Rainbow Bridge.

Cheryl and her Angel Jasmine
Cheryl and Angel Jasmine
Jasmine was loved
Jasmine was given ProIn
Jasmine is now gone
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/JAMIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0