Forum

Author   Comment  
CocoMan

Reply with quote  #1 
Coco has been going downhill for months. First getting picky with food then recently not eating at all. He's been to ER and two vets. Bloodwork labs normal but hes leyhargic and not eating. He had an ultrasound showing abnormal spleen and getting a needle biopsi tomorrow. All xrays and other tests normal but Im terrified hes going downhill fast. He's 8 yo and he's my best loved companion
Sampson

Reply with quote  #2 
The pain is devastating when our pets are ill. Still we must do what is best for them. If your beloved Coco is not eating at all and tests show an abnormal spleen, I think it becomes a question of how much more do you want to put him through? Have they tested his WBC count? I think that a needle biopsy sounds very painful. When our pets stop eating they are generally trying to tell us something. As they are known to hide their pain it’s not always easy to tell if they are in fact in pain. With the fact that he has stopped eating altogether and tests have shown an abnormal spleen it sounds like it is very serious I’m sorry to say. I would ask the vet if they really feel it is necessary to fo through with this needle biopsy. My deepest sympathy for all that you are going through. I know it’s rough!
Sam
Flowerbed

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so sorry to hear this .. our darling Bichon has many health issues but atm is eating walking and toileting and not in pain but as soon as one of these becomes an issue we will need a review for sure
A vet in the tv the other day said “ your dog has given you loyalty and love for all of their life .. they deserve to be given peace by us “
I keep repeating this to myself .. I don’t think it will be a very long time for her to find peace ... my husband and I agree .. we will know when enough is enough ...we will not let her suffer ....
I wish you peace with your darling dog .... it’s never easy and we made the decision with our cavalier before we got our bichon .. he had leikima ans no quality of life ... I hope you have lots of support and a compassionate vets because they can support to too when the time comes
CocoMan

Reply with quote  #4 
Thankyou for the kind words. I lost my loved Flatcoat Retriever to a brain tumor 5 years ago. I was devestated but found Rainbow Bridge which helped me cope with the grief. I drove from Michigan to Tarboro NC to rescue Coco in a blinding rainstorm across the mountains of West Virginia and had a severe anic attack landong me in an ER. It was worth it to rescue Coco from a no kill shelter. He is the kindest gentlest breed I think. And an avid sporting hunting dog able to leap over huge fallen trees at full speed. Sadly for him I don't hunt but we hike. He's my buddy and goes everywhere loves the car! We got all the test results back and it was determined he suffers from arthritis and ulcers from the pain meds that he just developed. He is now on ulcer medication and hoping he lives without pain for a few more years. Thanks again for your kind words.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.