fawg
He was the love of our lives and such a good boy! After being diagnosed with Degenerative Myelopathy, from injections, meds and a wheel chair, putting our boy down was THE most difficult thing we have ever had to do in our lives! The Bru was no longer able to go to the bathroom on his own, and no longer ate but I wasn't ready to let our first 4 legged fur baby go. I did it anyways and the guilt eats at me because my head knows it was time but I wish my head would tell my heart!
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
I am so sorry for your loss of Bru.

If he wasn't even getting the enjoyment of eating....then his quality of life wasn't really there anymore. I think you have done the right thing, setting him free.
A dog can cope with a wheelie thing.....it can cope with many things, but there are clear signs when quality of life has gone. Not being interested in food any more is one of them.

Bless his lovely Soul.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
EM
My condolences. I'm saying some prayers for you. There's a page on this website that has Bible scriptures which will grant you comfort and peace through this difficult time. I personally know how difficult it is, so please don't hesitate to ask for support. Feel free to do so whenever you like.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Sorry for your loss! You did the right thing (the unselfish thing) to let him go rather than suffer. It shows that you gave him true love!
(((Bru)))
Quote 0 0
fawg
It's been a couple of weeks since we put The Bru down and believe it or not it's getting easier...I don't know how or why but I don't cry everyday 10 times a day but instead a few times a week. The other day Titus, our other Black Lab, looked at me like The Bru did and I could have sworn it was The Bru looking back at me. It wasn't but Titus at that moment did and looked like The Bru...brought tears to my eyes.

I'm sure The Bru is enjoying himself in Heaven chasing the ball and getting loved by others. We miss you so much Brutus especially when washing the car because you always tried to bite the water or working on the car. You would just lay outside with us watching over to make sure we are ok.

Miss and love you bunches my fur baby!
Quote 0 0