Forum

Author   Comment  
DogNana

Reply with quote  #1 
I haven’t been able to write a story about Oscar yet. It’s still too hard. Today he has been gone for 2 months. He passed suddenly at home with no warning sign. One min he was playing with one of the other 2 dogs, then he laid on the couch when my daughter laid down to read a bit. That was his usual thing. She’d come home from work, do her stuff then lay on the couch and read. He always got up there with her. He was also still very involved in Agility which he had been doing for many years. He had no health problems.
He had just turned 10 in Nov.

My daughter read for a while and one of the other kidz wanted to go outside. She got up, Oscar looked at her, all normal. She went to the bathroom and came back to let them outside, he was dead. Lying on the couch in the same spot. She yelled and I remember running in...checked him...and he was gone. So suddenly without warning. That’s how it happened, I’ll never forget that moment when I knew he was gone.

We adopted him from Arkansas when he was 9 months, we are in New England. We saw his picture and just fell in love. We filled out the adoption forms right then. I am so grateful to the woman who choose us to be his forever family, though forever wasn’t long enough. I still keep in touch with her.

I haven’t been dealing with it well. I think about him everyday and still cry a lot. I miss him terribly. I’ve made a video but don’t think I can link it here, so I’ll pop it in and if you’d like you can copy&paste it. It’s short and I added music.

(YouTube)

I’ve added a few pictures so you can see how handsome he was.

Oh..the video link worked. That was a surprise. :) The first 2 pictures in the vid are the ones we first saw of him on Petfinder.

Attached Images
jpeg 08C96CC8-70D4-4DBC-911B-A1914356AE40.jpeg (133.83 KB, 5 views)
jpeg B62F6C2C-A964-44E1-8568-C358C0E40E28.jpeg (120.32 KB, 7 views)
jpeg 22F5C720-28C1-4DF9-A8CD-EEE72049ED83.jpeg (138.22 KB, 7 views)
jpeg 562A66D9-B11B-4657-A6DA-B30819C2E793.jpeg (47.39 KB, 7 views)
jpeg A3697BC4-434C-4FB7-8BCB-0F30037DAB2E.jpeg (111.90 KB, 7 views)

DogNana

Reply with quote  #2 
If only there had been a moment to say goodbye to you and tell you one last time how much I loved you and how much happiness you had brought into my life. Though having that moment would have meant a different kind of death for you and would have left us to make a decision that so many have to make. Maybe you just wanted to make it easier. I’ll never know. The unanswered questions run through my mind all the time. Why so young and why when you were so healthy? I raged at the God that many ppl look to for help. I’ve searched for answers online. Your Dr told me you most likely had a misfire in your heart or threw a clot for it to happen so fast. I’ll never really know why. I just know that your gone.

Reply with quote  #3 
Oscar is such a handsome boy and it looks like he shared a beautiful life with you. I can tell by his smiling face that he knew that he was loved. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my boy suddenly almost three months ago from a massive blood clot. I think the fact that it happened so suddenly without any warning is what makes it so hard to deal with. I keep asking myself if there were signs that I just missed. My kids have tried to convince me that it was probably better that he went the way he did instead of us having to make the hard decision.

My condolences to you and your family. RIP sweet Oscar.

Mendy

Rascals_mom

Reply with quote  #4 
Oscar was beautiful. I know it is painful - but he was in familiar surroundings with those that loved him. Take comfort in that.
DogNana

Reply with quote  #5 
How I miss you everyday. Today we were at Agility with Roxie & Sadie and someone had used your crate for the class before ours. It broke my heart to see another dog in there. I think I’m going to bring your crate home. Being at Agility is still hard for me but I go to watch Carin work with Sadie. Sadie is starting to get real good at it but I often stare out to the field and envision you there doing your jumps, tunnels and frame...just everything. The frame is the hardest for some reason. I picture you bounding up it and coming over the top.

I can’t believe it will be 3 months next week that you have been gone. I look at your pictures all the time and think of you all the time. I watch your videos...sometimes they make me laugh and other times I cry.

You’re sisters are doing good, Roxie is just getting back to herself and starting to play again. It took her all this time to get over losing you. She missed you terrible but she’s doing better. Sadie is her crazy self.

I can’t write anymore right now. It hurts. 💔One thing more, I bought my self a necklace with you etched and I wear it everyday. I love you my boy 😘

Attached Images
jpeg BBD2ADC1-9960-4E5E-8C31-B035F19F7760.jpeg (265.99 KB, 2 views)

DogNana

Reply with quote  #6 
Today was an exceptionally hard day. I cried on and off all day thinking about you. I put some music on and somehow I related every sad song to you. That must sound a little weird but it is what it is. I miss you so much and I’d give anything to have just a few min with you. You’ll always be mommy’s boy. Oh to feel your soft fur again and to hear those quirky sounds you use to make. I love you so much, I fear my heart will never mend. 😢

Reply with quote  #7 
I’m thinking of you a lot todayas I do everyday. Looking at your pictures and videos. When I look at your pictures I want so badly to reach into them and feel your warm soft fur. I can remember exactly how you felt. I fear that someday I will forget and I don’t ever want that to happen. Some ppl say I have to let go but it’s not what I want. I want you as close to me as I can possible keep you. I don’t know why they don’t understand.

My biggest fear is that as I age more you will become a distant memory. I panic when I think that it could happen. Will I always remember you as if you were here with me yesterday or will my memories fade?

Sunday, St Patrick’s Day, will be 3 months since you left this earth. It feels impossible to me that I have not had you here for 3 months. I can’t fathom this. You were constantly by my side for so many years...and now you’re gone. I am so grateful to have had you in my life. You helped me in so many ways. I don’t think you ever knew that and I didn’t get the chance to tell you. You left us so quickly without a warning. Why do we wait to tell those we love how much they mean to us.

Attached Images
jpeg CA5395A8-A243-4017-BA1E-CF4B05168841.jpeg (157.81 KB, 1 views)

DogNana

Reply with quote  #8 
This Wed you will have been gone for 4 months. The pain doesn’t go away and I miss you so much. For my birthday Patti had one of my favorite pictures of you made into a 14 x 12” canvas. It’s beautiful and your eyes follow me.

A few nights ago I had my first dream about you. I felt the softness of your fur as I hugged you and I could smell you. I woke up feeling happy because it was like you were right here with me. I wrote it all down so I wouldn’t forget any of it. It didn’t last very long and I know that you came to me to let me know that you’re alright. I felt that in my heart. I want you to know how much your coming to me means. I smile when I think of you more and when I look at your pictures and videos. I still have many times when I cry, especially when I first go to bed. Please come to me again.

You’re still Mommy’s Boy and I love you with all my heart and soul.
❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️

Reply with quote  #9 

My sweet boy, in one month you’ll have been gone for a year. I can’t believe it has been this long since I have touched your soft fur. I miss you so much and watch videos of you often. I still cry but I smile too. I smile when I remember some of the quirky things you’d do, like coming out to tell me when Roxie or Sadie did something wrong. I can still see you coming around the corner looking at me. I’d say “what happened.” You'd get so excited and I’d say “let me go look” and you would run back into the room. This is one of my favorite memories. You really got a kick out of getting them in trouble. 

It’s going to be hard when Dec comes. I’m not sure how I will get past the 17th. Last year starting the new year was so hard. Starting it without you. This new year will start my second year without you. I’m so not ready for that. I miss you so much. 

Reply with quote  #10 

I read your story about Oscar days ago, and ever since I've been trying to think of what I could say. Sometimes there really just AREN'T words. To lose our precious pups - especially if it's sudden and unexpected - isn't just ONE of the worst things that can happen in this world, it literally is THE worst. I know it has been the worst thing to ever happen to me, losing my Lola. It's been almost four weeks, now, and it still feels completely unreal. Sometimes, when it hits me again, that she's gone, I get this horrible, sinking, suffocating feeling in my chest. I swear I'm going to have a panic attack about it, one of these days.

Your Oscar was SUCH a beautiful boy! You can just tell from the photos, he had a huge, amazing personality!

Marie.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.