Fritz Show full post »
SirRobyn0
Fritz's Dad, I was just thinking about you.  It's been almost a month since we have heard from you and I do hope that you are doing well.  I was driving home just yesterday and I just couldn't get Lucy out of my mind, even had a bit of cry.  Here it is year and 6 months since her passing and I'm still feeling the loss to.  It has gotten easier to, there are many more times when I can look back and smile now.  I hope that these last few weeks have been a bit easier for you. 

Do take care of yourself.
Lucy's dog Daddy forever.

It is better to have loved your fur baby, and lost him or her to the rainbow bridge than to have never loved at all, for we will meet again.

Quote 0 0
Fritz
Thank you for checking in on me.  I miss Fritz every day and I always turn on the stereo when I leave for work in case he visits (I always left it on for him so he wouldn't be lonely).  Contrary to popular belief, time doesn't heal all wounds very well, at least not for me.  I try to pet any dogs I can as often as I can, but it always leaves me feeling a bit depressed because right now, it wouldn't be fair for me to find another pal.

Again, I thank you for your concern and for checking in on me.  I'll make it here more often as it always helps me to read your kind posts.  I really need your words.
I love you and miss you Fritz
Quote 0 0
SirRobyn0
Fritz's Dad, I do not know why but for some reason I feel some sort of a connection with you. I have not been able to put my finger on it. Perhaps it is just the understanding of what it is like to loose a a dog that you are so closely attached to. I don't know. Obviously there are other folks here on these forums that have similar feelings but I keep coming back and thinking if you. Perhaps it is just that I think we think or grieve in a similar way. I don't know but I'm very glad to hear from you.

I'm sorry that time hasn't helped you but I hope that you are finding at least a little piece out there.
Take care

It is better to have loved your fur baby, and lost him or her to the rainbow bridge than to have never loved at all, for we will meet again.

Quote 0 0
Fritz
Thank you for your kind words.  I truly appreciate your concern and I am not having much success with the time healing wounds.  Every day I look at Fritz's bed and wish so much he was there looking at me with his quizzical face.  He always looked a bit like he was trying to understand more than perhaps I gave him credit for.

I'm surviving, and wishing I could have another pal, but it wouldn't be fair to him or to me.  As I've said before, I try to pet as many dogs as I can and it helps a bit, but when I have to let them go, it might be worse for me than if I had not.  

I've been trying to let my work and my hobbies take me over a bit, but every night I speak out loud to him and tell him I love him.  I turn on the stereo every morning in case he visits when I'm not home, and I always look to see if his bed is disturbed when I come home, but nothing.

Thank you again for being so kind.  It's been extremely difficult and I'm mustering through.  I know he's in a better place now and not feeling any pain and that comforts me a little.  I pray that I will see him again and I know if I do, he'll be looking at me with his tail wagging and waiting for me to lay down on the carpet and roll the ball with him.  That was his favorite.

I pray for you as well as I know you also are still and always will feel your loss for Lucy.  
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777
It seems from what you have
written that your beloved Dog
Fritz must of been in terrible
pain.

So,as much as you wish
that you were with him
we can be very thankful
that he is out of his
pain and that he will
suffer no more.

Quote 0 0
SirRobyn0
It's good to hear from you again Fritz's Dad.  I think that some of the things you are doing is great, like leaving the stereo on for him in case he comes for a visit.  I have a few things of Lucy's and she loved to go in the car, so sometimes when headed off on a trip I'll take her bandana or something else along with me.  So I understand.  I'm glad your getting though I just hope that it starts to get easier.  And remember that we all grieve in different ways and there is no timeline.  Do take care my friend. 

Quote 0 0
Fritz
It's been quite a while since I've visited here.  I have a lot going on in my life and most of it not very good.  My work requires me to travel too much to even consider bringing another friend home-it wouldn't be fair to either one of us, but mostly for a friend were I to adopt one. 

I wanted to check in and say that time has not healed much for me.  I come home after a trip and I miss Fritz so much.  I come home from work and I miss him so much.  I was really hoping that I could begin to feel better but I still have a huge hole and I don't know if I'll ever be able to fill it, even if I am able to ever bring another friend home.

Thank you to everyone for your kindness and concern.  I am honored to read your replies and concerns and ideas for me.  It's very nice to know that there are others that feel the way I do about our friends, whether canine or feline.  I love them all and I know you all do too.

Prayers for everyone on this forum, whether you've been through a recent loss or have been feeling the way I do for a now longer term loss.

Thank you again.
Quote 0 0
SirRobyn0
Fritz Dad, I'm glad to hear from you again.  I don't know your job or carrier situation other than you travel, but have you considered changing positions with in your company so you don't have to travel? Or if that's not possible have considered changing jobs all together?  I'm not saying that would fix everything, but for me at least adopting Millie, a few months after we had lost Lucy, helped.  It didn't make the hurt any less, but she helped to give me purpose again.  A dog that needed me.  When I felt down she was there.  And even when I didn't I had her to look forward to at the end of the day.  Like you I still miss Lucy and I always will, our new fur baby has not diminished that in anyway. 

Thanks for the update, don't be a stranger and remember we are here for you.
Rob

Quote 0 0
Lillymylove
Hi fritz Dad I lost my little girl Lily 6 weeks ago and every day before work I turn the lamp on for her so she won’t be in the dark, right now I,m out of town for the night and the lamp and heater are both on at home for her, I know that sounds silly but reading your post about the stereo on for fritz makes me think I,m not going bonkers, all the best I’m feeling your pain also.
Goodbye Lilly my beautiful girl I miss you!
David 
Quote 0 0
Fritz
Thank you David.  What a sweet face your Lily has.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I wish I could say it gets easier, but for me it doesn't seem to.  I still have Fritz's bed in place and I turn the stereo on every day (telling myself I need to turn on some music for my Big Boy in case he decides to visit) and have a light on for him too.

I can say that all of the wonderful people on here have been incredibly supportive and perhaps, I've not given enough back.  I say prayers for everyone on here because it's the best way I can think of to return the kindness.

Thank you again.

John

Quote 0 0
Fritz
It's been a while since on here.  Time has not helped me much as I still leave the stereo on every day when I leave for work in case Fritz wants to visit.  I keep his bed in his place, and I'm hoping sometime I come home to find it a bit messy and to know he had been here.  So far, I've not had this, but I pray it will happen and that he knows how much I love and miss him.  I had a lonely Christmas without Fritz being with me and opening gifts.  He always looked at me quizzically as if to say "I can tear this open and not be in trouble?"  He truly enjoyed opening them more than what was inside and I miss that so much.

I pray everyone had a safe and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year so far.  
Quote 0 0
SirRobyn0
John, I hope you get sign too.  You well deserve it.  I have been lucky to have been able to heal some, and to have been able to adopt but there are still moments.  Just before I saw your E-mail I was looking through the pictures on my phone.  I got to the very last one and it was a picture of Mac & Lucy drinking out of the same bowl.  I got this phone last summer and had uploaded the picture to the gallery so I'd have a picture of Lucy with me at all times.  I had forgotten it was there and I found myself pushing back tears.  Less than a month to the two year anniversary of when we had to put her to sleep.  It's tough time of year.  I had a better Christmas this year than I did last year, and for New Years I drove out to a quiet coastal town and stayed in a motel for a couple days just to get away.

Take Care  

Quote 0 0