Tigers_Girl1
On December 15th my world changed forever when I lost my beloved a Tiger after 15 wonderful years. His health had deterated so I made the painful decision to have him put to sleep. Since that day I feel like my world has ended.
I live on my own and he was my constant companion, always pleased to see me and cheer me up if I'd had a crap day. Now there's no one. My brother pretends to understand but when I mention how upset I am here always gives a sigh as if saying here we go again.
I'm just existing at the moment. I ashes but it's not the same. I've thought about maybe getting a cat to occupy my mind but then I feel so guilty that I'm betraying my Tiger. I spend most of the day on my own sat feeling crap. I know I can never get him back or replace him but I'm at a loss as to how to move on, which I don't feel I ever will be able to.
Quote 0 0
GrouchyGirl
Hi,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy, Tiger.  I know how you feel. I lost Emma on 12/26 and I feel much the same way. It is really hard to go through the day when part of your routine is completely missing.  I often still step over Emma when I go into the bathroom, even though she is not there any longer.  Then I just feel bad. 

Honestly, I don't think our feline friends would be upset if we adopt new companions.  I know for Emma, I saved her from a terrible life. I feel like she would want me to pay it forward on her behalf and rescue another abandoned stray cat.   I gave Emma a wonderful life and I know one day I will give another cat a wonderful life.  Personally, I just need a little more time.  But when the time is right, I think our cats will be thrilled that we are helping out their breed and using our lives to make the world a better place. 

If you feel like a new cat would be helpful, then you should go ahead and move forward on that. But maybe you should just take some time to grieve and heal a little bit first.  I think when the time is right, you will know. 

I don't have any real words of wisdom, just wanted to let you know that you are around people here who understand how you are feeling.  I think it is something that needs to be processed and it is going to take some time.  Let's hang in there together.

Kelly

[9553d203-1a14-479e-adf1-0f8959921bed] 
Emma and her girl...best friends forever!
Quote 0 0
TonilovesherJack
Hi, I have also left you a reply on my post but have now seen yours here.
Tell us more about Tiger. It's good to let others know how special he was.
I really do understand how you feel.
Sending big hugs.

Toni xx
Toni

Jack you will always be my sunshine. Love you forever my baby boy xxxxxxx
Quote 0 0
Tigers_Girl1
I got Tiger as a rescue dog when he was about 3 months old. Straight away we bonded. Not long after I got him I was on holiday and my dad took ill. It took 2 policeman to get him away from dad. When dad died I took it really bad and at one point I had a knife in my hNd to end it all. Tiger jumped up knocking the knife out of my hands, barking and kissing me.
We've been through so much together, 4 house moves, me having no money but he's always been at my side. I always promised him I'd never let him suffer and, though it was a painful decision I kept my promise to him. His ashes sit proudly on my hearth and I talk to him every day. I know I can never ever get another dog so I am considering a rescue cat.
He was just my boy.
Quote 0 0