danzey
I don't want to be here (on this site), I hate that I am, but I don't have Boo anymore and I hate that too.  He was the best kitty in the whole world and he was mine.  I want to come back tonight for the candle lighting, not sure what it even is, but I'll be here.  What is it that you do (with yourself), when you suddenly don't have to do it anymore; ie feed, take outside, check on them, etc.................danzey  
Quote 0 0
judylinn

I'm sorry of your loss of dear Boo....there is a hole in our hearts when our beloved fur ones pass. All we can do at the beginning is take the time to grieve, and allow all the pain that comes with it. It's hard but it will help you heal. When I was so despondent, I came here all the time...there is also a live chat forum, with people there on real time...not the chat at the bottom of the page...it's on one of the main pages. Just connecting with others who understand really helped me. I also wrote each night in a journal to my beloved Maddie, and that really helped. sending you blessings in this difficult time...Judylinn

Quote 0 0
mollysmommy
I'm so sorry, I lost my little kitty two weeks ago and I still can't believe it.  i miss her so so much i can't bear to look around my house, everywhere I look I picture my beautiful little baby.
Quote 0 0
danzey
Mollysmommy......................Thank you so much for posting, it really means so much, especially when you feel that you've lost so much (and we did).  Your baby's name is Molly?  I had a Molly along with her look-a-like brother Ashley.  Boo never met them (at least I don't think so), but sometimes I feel like Ash sent Boo to me (after I lost him).........................danzey
Quote 0 0
mollysmommy
i feel so bad for you as well. we have two other cats and a dog and i swear they are grieving. people tell me im being silly but i truly believe they are looking for their sister kitty
Quote 0 0
judylinn
It is very true that other animals grieve for their lost friend. Animals very much grieve, and need some extra tender time and love.

Danzey, you matter as well as Boo matters. sometimes it takes a bit for people to post as they are also in pain. It's been awhile since my beautiful Maddie passed, and sometimes I can read posts and sometimes I can't. The loss of the unconditional love from our fur babies is sooo devistating.
Try and light some candles for Boo. I kept them lit every evening for almost a year. I called it my flame of love...It's been 3 years for me, and though the pain is easier, I still miss by little girl all the time, but it does get easier to deal with.
Also you can do the Monday ceremony as many times as you want. Keeping you both in my prayers, and sending you love at this very difficult time...Judylinn
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Danzey; Your words brought back a lot of memories. I posted once, and many others have as well, that being here is like belonging to a club that nobody wanted to join. :(   

I'm very sorry for you loss. My little girl, Jamie, has been at the Bridge for awhile, but I understand how you feel. Since Jamie knows her way around, like where the best catnip grows, I hope she can show Boo around. There will be nose touching, head bunts, and being felines, the occasional paw swipe, but new friends anyways. Thoughts like that helped me when Jamie left. At the time, she was welcomed by Spooky, Bear, and Maddie. She then welcomed Gemma and Miles and many others. Now she'll help Boo along.

Kind thoughts to you and Boo.

Jim
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I agree with Juylinn and Jimbo.
I will bump up the Candle Lighting Post for EVERYONE.
It is that time of year again.

I am so very sorry you lost your Boo.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
I am like you danzey, I miss the routine we had so much. I just miss him more than I thought possible.

I am so sorry for your loss of Boo. I hope you are finding comfort and support here. It has helped me a lot. :)
FrecklesMom

I will Love you forever sweet boy.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
heartsick wrote:
I agree with Juylinn and Jimbo.
I will bump up the Candle Lighting Post for EVERYONE.
It is that time of year again.

I am so very sorry you lost your Boo.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

Grief takes time. It usually takes the whole first year of “firsts” without them to take a true deep breath again. Be kind to yourself. None of this is easy.

I am here for you.

We are all here for you and we care about you and we understand.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                      

Susan(heartsick)

I’m sorry for your losses. I know time only changes the face of grief-
Because it’s a question that comes up from time to time I was wondering if you also certified as a *Pet Grief Counselor*?
I hope your weekend is peaceful,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Sil
danzey,

I am sorry for your loss.  It will be five years on December 2nd since your post.  But, if you read this, I know that our love and pain stay in our hearts forever.

Lynn - Tankie's mom, 
Susan(heartsick)'s post is so truthfully painful  - I needed to read it.  Appreciated that you posted a question.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Sil I happened on a response to this thread last night and after reading it I wanted to bring it back for all of us here right now.
I’ve also seen people asking about grief counselors and Susan may have some information to help others.
I hope our Lea and her special family are doing wonderful this morning❣️🐾,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0