Charlies_Momma
My husband and I had to make the incredibly hard choice to put our beloved Charlie down last night. The grief I am feeling is strong and feels like waves crashing over me. I cannot stop thinking about him and feeling guilt that I couldn’t do more for him. I wish I would have been able to save him from his illnesses. He was 10 and we just felt like we were going into a selfish faze trying to keep him going for three more years of suffering. No matter how much I try to work it out I feel like I have failed. I have three children that need me and I’m afraid of not being able to get it together for them.
Quote 0 0
Mybeautifulboy
You did the kindest thing for sweet Charlie by setting him free from his suffering. You and your family are in my thoughts. Please take time to grieve and please remember to take care of yourself so you can be the for your children.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am very sorry for your loss of sweet, handsome Charlie.  It is normal to have regrets and feelings of failure. But you did not fail. You gave him a wonderful home and a wonderful life. And then you made that most difficult decision to end his suffering. It is a decision made with love and heartache. It is an unselfish decision to let him go, even though it causes you pain.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Charlies_Momma
Thank you so much for your words. They seem easy to absorb and understand but in grief it seems impossible at times. Charlie was my baby and what I need to realize is nothing, not even death, can change that! I pray for the day that my words are an everyday belief and bot a fleeting realization before the next wave crash. So happy I found this site ❤️
Quote 0 0