Nnew1966
My best friend, Duke, passed away on Dec 8th (2 days ago) and my heart is broken. He was perfectly fine and very well at 10 1/2 years of age but we took him to vet for a checkup. They put him on meds and now he’s gone!!! He was my support system when my husband was ill, when my golden retriever Dakota passed from cancer and whenever I had bad days. Now he’s gone to be with his buddy. I know it will get better but it hurts
Quote 0 0
Gmr
What a cutie pie. It's been a month for me but don't ask me how I made it to a month. I know how hard it is to miss there presence, there greeting us at the door, there cuddling and so much more. I am so sorry for your loss. The grief is terrible. My dog Peanut too was always there for me in good and difficult times. I pray for strength for you and comfort during this difficult time.
Quote 0 0
Sil
Nnew1966,

I am very sorry for your loss of Duke.  Their good-byes are so painful, I know.  Duke was there for you, for the other losses.  But, you were there for him.  He felt your love, from day one.  Again, I am sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
Im so very sorry. Its actually the worst feeling knowing they won't be here anymore, yet we keep looking for them. I hope Duke is with your other dog and they are both waiting for you. It  takes a long time, as you know, to not feel that ache in your chest anymore
Sending you a big hug
Lauri
Lauri 
Quote 0 0
Colzap
I’m so sorry. He looks like such a sweetie. I had to put down My 11 year old dog Snowball unexpectedly on Friday. It’s so sad. I miss him so much. Dogs are so special. He was there for me through so many challenging times. But I loved him fully and it sounds like it was the same for you and Duke. Please know that others share the pain and sadness of losing s wonderful irreplaceable best friend as well. It’s because we allowed ourselves to love them so fully that we feel this depth of pain. Thinking of you,
Colleen
Quote 0 0
Dana
I’m so sorry, it’s coming up on a year after having to put down my best friend, Tesla, down. I thought I was ready to start grieving but I was wrong... I just read the great book by Jeannie Wycherley, I had to get the physical copy of “Losing my Best Friend,” because I needed to be able to hug it, throw it or cry all over it, something I wouldn’t do with my Kindle, digital books aren’t real books. Anyway, I am glad I found this website, I did get the Rainbow Bridge poem card, read it once and put it with my buddy’s ashes. But more later, because I’m not ready for this yet. But thank you all!
Quote 0 0
Samsonisthebestdog
I'm so sorry. He has such sweet eyes. Remember that he was always cheering you up. He wouldn't want you sad after he is gone. You're going to have ups and downs. It's normal but try not to stay sad for long. I try to think of it like this... Samson was in my life for 8 short years. BUT AT LEAST he was in my life. I got to see him grow up, have a blast walking with him, see him wrestling with his brother, etc. You got to see a star before its lights diminished. I for one am forever grateful for Samson. I will send good thoughts your way. 
Quote 0 0