Connieg
My dog Max passed very suddenly.  He was a healthy dog.  I am responsible for his death, he choked to death on a dog bone.  They tried to surgically remove it, but were unable too.  He ate dog bones his entire life and he loved  them.  But, he got a piece stuck in his throat.  I loved that dog so much, almost more than anyone I know.  He gave me comfort when I was sad and joy when he was happy.  How could I let this happen.  I have a hole ripped out of my heart with his loss.  I don’t think I will ever get over the loss if this dog.  I love you Maxi.
Quote 1 0
Buddy_Mama
Dear Connie, I’m so very sorry for the loss of your Max. Please, please don’t think that you’re responsible. If he has eaten dog bones his entire life without any trouble, you didn’t know that anything would happen when he ate one this time. You did the very best you could when a tragic accident happened that wasn’t your fault.

I understand the pain and sadness you’re feeling. It’s been 3 weeks since I lost my Buddy, and just like you, I loved my boy more than anyone, he gave me so much comfort and joy, my heart feels empty, and it feels like I’ll never get over this loss. The one thing we all wish we could do is bring them back, but it’s the one thing we can’t do. What we can do is lean on each other for support. Come here and let your feelings out, to others who know exactly what you’re going through. Take care of yourself, and sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0