Forum

Author   Comment  
Hortenzia

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, I don't know exactly what I should say here.

I've been ill for a really long time and my cat, Kaoru, has been with me through all of it. He's such a loving boy, always with me and eager to play or sit on my chest. He'd put his paw over my arm when I was working and was always ready for a hug. I'm just devastated without him. I had him for 11 years, since he was a kitten. He passed really suddenly; there was a rupture in his intestines from cancer that the vet never caught. He couldn't handle the anesthesia and they put him to sleep so he wouldn't suffer, but I'm just torn apart wondering if he thought I'd abandoned him. I want him to know how much I love him. just need some reassurance that he's in a better place and that I'll see him again, I guess. He was and is my guardian angel and I just hope that he's happy and didn't suffer.

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpeg (60.99 KB, 6 views)

Adv2112

Reply with quote  #2 
Oh he is just beautiful! I still use the phrase IS with these fur babies, as I can't bear to say was i am so sorry for your loss. My boy was so sweet, too. I think they know we love them. It is normal to fear the things we fear, and to wonder what was going through their minds. I'm having trouble dwelling on these bad thoughts......but I believe they are whole again and wait to be reunited with us some day. What I wouldnt give for just 1 more day....
Hortenzia

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much. That is really comforting. I'm so sorry about your boy, too. Hopefully they're up there playing around and waiting for us. I'd love just one more day too.
Gentlegiant

Reply with quote  #4 
I agree, Kaoru is a gorgeous looking kitty, I'm sure he was as beautiful as he looks.
Dear Hortenzia, though your loss seems overwhelming and you feel like you will never recover. I am forcing myself to believe that time is a great healer, not a stealer (of memories).  I want to believe that the guilt, the anguish, the deep pit in the stomach will ease and be replaced with beautiful memories that will remain forever.  After all, that is what our beautiful boys would want for us, to honour their memories with joy not sadness.  Hugs to you xx
Hortenzia

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you so much. Reading this helped me immensely. I'll do my best to focus on all of the good memories.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.