Crebarber
Hi everyone,
My dog recently passed on Saturday night at 15 years of age. We went away for the weekend and he seemed in fine condition before we left. We hired our usual dog sitter to check on him three times a day. Saturday morning, we received a call he wasn't moving. We rushed back home and visited Kimo. His condition was stable yet the condition itself was not good. He was to be on fluid treatment over the next few nights and x-rays on Monday. We received another call later that night, informing that Kimo stopped breathing. Again, we rushed to the vet to spend our final moments with him. This machine was keeping him alive and it was predetermined that it was his time. After spending our last few moments, we put him down.
Tears ran across my mother's face. My step-father's face and mine. I've had Kimo since I was 2 years old and I don't know life without him. I remember holding him as my parents argued and fought. I remember crying into his fur when I realized ny parents are separated. Kimo has always been there and it's very tough for me to accomplish daily tasks....such as school. I can't concentrate. I'm getting bad grades and not participating. I don't eat much and I don't sleep much.
What can I do? How does the world expect me to just carry on with my responsibilities while I'm still traumatized by the loss?
Quote 0 0
Gabby

I am very sorry to read of your Kimo's passing.I am guessing maybe you were an only child so Kimo really was like your Brother,and to have had him since you were just 2,it must be very hard to have lost him.You dont say exactly what took Kimo,but you obviously did all you could for him.There of course comes a time,which is the time that hurts us most,when we can do no more but let them take that journey to the Bridge.Kimo is whole again,and running free up at the Bridge.Kimo would'nt want you to make yourselve ill over his passing,he would want you to try and remember the happier times that you shared together.Its very,very early days at the moment,you are still in a certain amount of shock,you need a little time even to make that adjustment that Kimo is no longer with you physically,but please know Kimo is still close.In time you will begin to be able to study,eat and sleep again just give yourselve a little time,and be kind to yourselve,also talk about Kimo.Maybe it would help to make some kind of memory Book for Kimo,somewhere to write how you are feeling,perhaps make a special place in the Garden for him,all of these things can help....

Love and Light
and
Fairy Kisses for your precious Baby xxxxxx
Quote 0 0
momtochloe
It truly is hard.. I am so sorry to hear about your sweet furbaby. I promise my Chloe is playing with Kimo. I read your post and it brought tears to my eyes. Kimo sounds like a really great best furbaby!! It is truly amazing how our pets just become a part of our lives. My Chloe's pawprints our forever etched in my heart! God Bless You and I will be praying for you.

The joy of knowing we will see them again, keeps me going:)
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/CHLOE101/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.  The defining animal of my life was a cat named Bingo who moved in with us when my son was 2 years old.  He left this world when my son was 16.  they had been best buddies all of their lives together.  It's so hard to say goodbye to your best friend.  My heart goes out to you and your family.

Thank goodness your dog sitter got there in time to get Kimo to the help he needed.  It's clear that he didn't want to leave without seeing you one more time.  I can only begin to imagine what a wonderful life he had with you.  How very lucky he was to have been loved so well.

I do house and pet sitting for friends, and I have a 10 day job starting tomorrow.  It worries me because I stay over during my assignments, and I have a sick kitty here at home.  My husband will stay home with T.J., and the two of us will trade nights away from home.  It's the only way either of us will be comfortable under the circumstances.  Whenever I begin a sitting assignment, I always say a prayer for the health and safety of the animals in my charge.  I can't imagine how bad your sitter must feel.

How do you carry on?  One day at a time.  It might help you to make a memorial file or a memory book about Kimo.  Write about him and the time you had together. You write well, so that should come naturally to you. It might even come in handy for an English assignment.  Talk to your teachers and explain what a big part of your life Kimo was.  It's likely that they will understand and that they will be willing to work with you in some way for a little while.  Maybe they can give you some things to do for extra credit as your heart heals and you are better prepared to do the work you need to do.  I've found that in this world, more people are understanding and kind at a time like this than you might imagine.  I imagine that many of your teachers will be.

Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.  We all understand the emptiness you feel now, and we will be here for you to lean on as you find your footing on the path to healing.

You, your family, and your precious Angel Kimo are in my thoughts and prayers.

P.S.  I believe that Kimo is the Hawaiian name for Jim.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0