Kippys_MomMom
Kip was my best and only true friend. He was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and to me, he was perfect.  He passed in his sleep with me by his side. I pray he wasn't in any pain.

He was diagnosed with a mass on his spleen in January; vet suggested surgery, a splenectomy, but since he was 14 I thought surgery at his age wasn't the best choice for him.  If he did make it through the surgery okay, the recovery time would have been months. 

I've been crying all day;feeling guilty for not taking him for more bye-bye rides; feeling guilty leaving him alone for hours on some weekends to go shopping when I should spend every minute I could with him, because I was Blessed to have him.  Now he's gone.  And I am hurting so much.
Kippy's Mom Mom
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear Sheila, I’m sorry for your loss! It’s normal to think of all the what if’s after such a loss. Even feeling guilty is a part of grieving. Logically you know that you couldn’t have stayed with Kip all the time but you miss him so much now that your mind will go to every time you left him and if you could only go back and take that time with him. It’s grief. I know you loved him and Kip knew it too. It’s so hard that our fur babies get old and ill and need to leave. It may help you to picture him now. He is healthy and young again and happy. It will get better in time. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
sydneyrose
I am sorry for your loss. Just keep remembering the good times. Forever would not have been long enough.

I lost my 10 year old Sydney this past Saturday. It was sudden and unexpected. We thought we had 5 years left with her and felt the same guilt. All I wanted was one more day with her. But I can now see that it would never be enough. I’d always want another day. Hang in there and the guilt will fade to happy memories as you heal.
Quote 0 0
3_cats_mom
Sorry about Kip. Stay strong. We are all going through the same pain here. I have been experiencing the cycle of grief; denial, sorrow, heartache, guilty, loss etc. That's what grief does. And you guys are right, no matter how long/short our fur baby's life is, it will NEVER been enough. If I can choose, I'd want him to stay with me until I die. So we'll be together forever. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Try to remember the good time and what we still have in life. Take care
Quote 0 0
Kippys_MomMom
Thank you all for your kind words.  It truly means a lot to me and I appreciate every word.  
And you all are absolutely right...there could never have been enough time with him. 

I am sorry for everyone's loss here; we are so lucky to have had them in our lives for the amount of time we did.  I know it's going to take time to not expect him at the door to meet me when I get home, or to wake me in the middle of the night because, just because he wants a treat. 

I cherish every day I had with him. 
Kippy's Mom Mom
Quote 0 0
Mycatisanastronaut
Hugs
Quote 0 0
Ceceliadempsey3
Kippys_MomMom wrote:
Kip was my best and only true friend. He was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and to me, he was perfect.  He passed in his sleep with me by his side. I pray he wasn't in any pain.

He was diagnosed with a mass on his spleen in January; vet suggested surgery, a splenectomy, but since he was 14 I thought surgery at his age wasn't the best choice for him.  If he did make it through the surgery okay, the recovery time would have been months. 

I've been crying all day;feeling guilty for not taking him for more bye-bye rides; feeling guilty leaving him alone for hours on some weekends to go shopping when I should spend every minute I could with him, because I was Blessed to have him.  Now he's gone.  And I am hurting so much.
Quote 0 0
just_lost
Hi, Kippys_MomMom.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  Words just aren't enough, so I find myself saying the same things to folks but I mean them.  I know how I've felt after losing Felix (most recently) and Leena (several years ago), and my heart breaks for others who have to go through their loss(es).  It's not fair that they have to go so soon and it's not fair that they don't have longer lifespans, but we all cope to the best of our ability.  Sometimes that's hard, which is why we're all here.  Folks post messages to their babies, tell funny stories about them, and do whatever they need to do to help ease the pain just a bit.  Don't hesitate to do any of those things!  Talking about it can sometimes be a great help.  I hope you stay and find just a bit of comfort and healing.
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
Hi Shelia,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Kip and the feelings you now have. I think all of us here can relate to how you feel with the guilt, tears, would have, should have, could have feelings. We're all going through it or have gone through it. That's why we're here. We love our furbabies so much that the pain and heartache of them not being with us physically is overwhelming. I truly believe they'll always be with us even though they're not here physically. 

Sadly, we can't take these feelings way but we're here to help you however you need. To listen, to lend a virtual shoulder to cry on, to hear stories, to read the messages you write to Kip and hopefully when you're ready to make you smile. It's been two weeks tomorrow since my Bubby crossed to the Rainbow Bridge and just now I'm able to think of the good times rather then the last few days of his life. He wouldn't want me to be sad or remember him not at his fullest. 

I hope you find comfort here as I have in the two weeks. There are some truly wonderful people here who will help guide you through this difficult time.

Hugs,
Jackie

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
Ceceliadempsey3
I’m so very sorry about Kip! I wish I could take your pain away! It’s so darn hard for us left behind. Without our best friends anymore. I lost my baby Thatcher a month ago. He was a big Labrador/Newfoundland mix. He will always be in my heart as Kip will be in yours. This site has been very helpful to me. There are lovely friends here who know our pain.
It’s a great place to share tears, laughs, sadness, and all the happy memories we will cherish forever. Hang in there as best you can at this very difficult time! I’m sending hugs 🤗 and good vibes that your pain will lessen as time goes on.
Cecelia
(Thatcher’s Mom 💔🐾)
Quote 0 0
Kippys_MomMom
Thank each and everyone of you by taking the time to read and reply to my post.  I am so sorry for your loss too. Thank you for the sweet comments, hugs and thoughtfulness.  

I started keeping a journal the first day, as I find writing a wee bit cathartic.  I begin each entry with "My Life Without You", so far I have Day 1, Day 2, and today is just Day 3.  How can this be just the 3rd day without him?!  It seems like months.  This is some excruciating pain.  I read somewhere online while looking for grief books that "the amount of pain I feel without you matches the amount of love I have for you".  or something like that. 

Here is an excerpt from "My Life Without You" Day 1: "Thank you for being my best friend for your entire life. I wish to God I would have given you more of my time and attention. You were always there for me, but I was not always there for you. You were always a good boy - the bestest in the westest, the northest, the eastest and the southest"  (I would tell him that, with a kiss on top of his head between each direction). 

Thank you again for sharing here and being here.  It sure is lonely these days. 

Kippy's Mom Mom
Quote 0 0
Meemee
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s normal to feel guilty, but he was fortunate to have such a loving friend. You sound like you were a good and attentive pet parent. Have peace in knowing that he was fortunate to have you.
Quote 0 0