Tammyu123
I lost my best friend this week to pancreatitius. I don't even have words to express the heartache I feel right now. He was only 4 years old. He was the greatest dog ever. I dont know how to live without him. I have another dog the same age and they were in seperable. He (Twister) is now in a depression........ I have no clue how even get though the day....... It was very unexpected and we thought we would have 10-15 more years with this boy. I am dying inside.........
Quote 0 0
et61
I am SO sorry for the loss of Flash. I lost my sheltie a while back due to pancreatitis as well. He definitely was the BEST dog I ever had and to this day, I know I can never replace him. I have other dogs now but they are not the same as much as I love them. Luckily my sheltie made it to 15 years of age before he got it. 4 years old is way too young. I lost my Sweetie April 8th unexpectantly due to an infected tick. He was always my healthiest cat until then and only had him for six short, but wonderful years. I felt too that I was cheated on my time with him. I thought I had 10-15 more years too. I didn't eat for 4 days and spent a weekend in bed when I lost my Sweetie. Each day gets a little better but I still miss him and would give anything to have more time with him. Hugs to you. I hope maybe you can, in time, find a buddy for Twister. It just might help both of you.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Tammy  I am so very sorry for the loss of Flash.  4 years old is so so very young indeed.  When my Winston passed I felt exactly like you.  I didn't want to go on.  It took me 2 weeks to get myself together.  I prayed constantly that I wouldn't have a breakdown.  I didn't eat, sleep, go out or shower.  Everyone here understands perfectly the way you are feeling. 

The only thing I can add, is that time is the only true healer.  It gets a little better everyday.  None of us will ever forget our babies.  I wish you luck, and please hang on.  Come in here often to express your grief.  Hugs   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Tammy, I`m so sorry for your loss of Flash, 4 years of age is way too young.  You and Twister are both in those horrible early days of grief - I know I felt like somebody had ripped my heart out when we lost our dog Jim 5 months ago.  I still cry a lot over him, but it is so true what Susan says that time is the only healer - the pain slowly eases day by day.    This forum was such a great help to me, friends and family meant well but I could tell they were getting a bit fed up with me - but here everyone understands just how much our precious animals mean to us. 
                                                  Sending hugs to you & Twister
                                                               Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Tammyu123 - I am so so sorry for your loss of Flash.  Pancreatitis - it is a word I hate to hear - I think I lost my girl partially to this two months and 9 days ago now. . . .It seems so sudden and really without warning doesn't it?  From a playing, happy and healthy pup almost overnight. . .  I am so sorry too for Twister's hurt and upset.  I too have my gone girl's sister left who has become quiet, and less interested in most things now preferring to sleep a lot more than she ever did with her sister around.  Your grief is so fresh, and it is such a shock to be one moment with your special friend and the next moment not.  Grief is a real ache, one that strikes the heart and the soul with its pain.  It comes in waves that leave you almost panic stricken and 'out-of-control' and brings with it those buckets and buckets of tears.  You are not alone though - there are so many kind, caring shoulders on this forum to lean on.  Time helps us get through this, I think we just teach ourselves over time how to live without the lost ones. . .  Twister needs you desperately right now - extra pets, cuddles, attention and routine - he needs to know and understand mum is still there with him - and you need Twister right now - the brother who maybe Flash can speak through in those dark moments of loneliness and sadness.  Such companionship, comfort and love from Flash [and now from Twister] can not be lost - I have to believe this - Flash is there - just differently now.  Tammyu123 I can empathize with your situation so clearly and closely as it is somewhat similar to mine and I am so so sorry there are no 'magic' words or things to do that makes it easier or quicker.  Grief is just our way of expressing how much we love our special friends and how sad and sorry we are for ourselves now - for a bit of time we grieve for us after making the final selfless decisions and acts for them . . . Loss is change and change is tough. . . It doesn't get easier and it doesn't ever stop . . . Come here often and share your thoughts and feelings - it can help in the most desperate of moments and days.  Warm thoughts. . . 
Quote 0 0
Tammyu123
Thank you all. I dont how how to do daily life without Flash. I came home from work early and Twistwr did come lay by me, that made my happy. I know it may same weird, but since they have always beem a pair, always together, It feels like inlost part of Twister. I feel sad when i see or think about Twister too, even though he is still here and i love him sooooo much.

Part of me died this week. I am an empty shell filled only with heartache,
Quote 0 0
CKMP
I know exactly what you are feeling Tammyu123 - One without the other - You see them as one 'entity' - Twister will really need you - I am learning that from my gone girl's sister.  I have to push myself to be positive and try to get her going as much as possible.  And yes, she is adored and yes, I too am filled with worry for her.  But I have come to realize she senses this - and becomes sadder herself.  Just love her and love her.
You are right - parts of us leave with our special heart-dogs . . . 
Remember Twister is there too in your heart and has a part of his heart gone too.
Take care of each other -  Flash still walks with you two - Twister will know this and feel this.   

Quote 0 0
Tammyu123
My dear Flash,

Last week at this time the doctor told me you should be coming home in the morning....... That seems like forever ago. Each minute without you feels like an eternity. Thinking of you is overwhelming. I cant believe I will never see that little face of yours again. I will never hear your cute little snorts when you are sleeping......... Your brother misses you. He has been looking around the house everyday. He is so sad he cant find his best buddy. Our house is so quiet and lonely without you Flash. The worst part of my day is pulling into the driveway and seeing the big empty window at that front of the house. Your cute little face should be in that window! I miss you so much that it is hard to breathe. You have only been gone for three days, but it feels like forever!
Quote 0 0
Tammyu123
My dear Flash,

Did you tell Twister to eat my sandwich? He has never done that before, only you....... It made me smile. Also, did you send the cat to the front window to great me like you always did? That made me smile too! I miss you so much my darling dog. Life is really hard to live wothout you by my side......
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I'm so sorry for your loss of Flash, poor baby to go so young. Hugs to you <3
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0
Tammyu123
My sweet Flash,

I couldnt sleep last night. I was missing your little grunts, snorts, and snores. You always kept my legs warm while I slept. How will I get through a whole weekend without your hugs..........
Quote 0 0
Tammyu123
I miss you my baby. I got through the weekend. I feel guilty because i was trying not to think about you. I just feel so sad everytime I think of you......
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Tammy,
I remember feeling the way you do: if I didn't think about Bailey, or tried not to, I felt so guilty! I think you need that break from grief sometimes so go easy on yourself. You need to do whatever it takes to get through.
I'm so sorry for your loss!
MJ
Quote 0 0
Mustangmomma05
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dear Mustang on Sat morning. Never did I think I would hurt this much. I've lost two and that man was gut wrenching. But to loose my buddy was worse. I have a Maltese and he misses him. He didn't eat at all yesterday. I'm praying the pain will ease up where I can talk about him without crying.
You are not alone. I know we all can get thru this together.
Quote 0 0
Tammyu123
Mustangmomma05 and Bailey15,

I had written replies to each of you and neither posted. Neither did my note to my sweet little Flash yesterday. Thank you both for your kind words. I am so sorry you guys lost your dogs as I did. I wouldnt wish this on my worst ememy. It is the worst thing i have ever fone through. I miss my baby so much.

The vets office just called. Flashes ashes are ready to be picked up. I cant wait to get him home. I had a better day yesterday. Today i am back at work and i sit in a cubicle all day and think of missing my little Flash. It is horrible. His life matters. I feel like if I allow myself to be happy or forget about all of this even for a lottle while that it belittles his value somehow........
Quote 0 0