Epugh
Today is the day. My poor guy is 18 year old Maltese and has been my best friend for 17 and 1/2 years. He has gotten me through a horrible divorce, made being a single mom ok , to a beautiful new marriage. This guy has done it all with me. He is my happy place. But today at 1:30 I have to help him cross the bridge. I wanted him to go on his own but it’s not happening. He has been declining and this weekend has had a couple seizures and can barely walk. I am holding him up to eat and drink. I know it’s time but I feel like he will think I gave up on him. He is my love and I have no idea how to deal with this. I am gasping for air. My heart hurts so bad.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Oh Ericka, my heart aches for you. I know how you must be feeling, but remember that you are doing it out of the tremendous love you have for your baby. There's nothing I can tell you that will make you feel better and I know the guilt that comes with making such a difficult decision. Unfortunately sometimes we are faced with these situations where we have to do what we wish we would never have to. I'm sorry your heart hurts so bad. He knows how much you love him and that is exactly why you have decided to  help him transition into his new state of being. He will be your little angel forever, watching over you. Thinking about you and sending you hugs and peace.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Blessings of comfort,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Ericka,
My heart breaks for you. Having to make that decision is so hard. It's been 6 weeks since I had to help my Rookie, and your feelings echo mine. I remember that final day, counting down the hours, trying to cherish every single moment, pat, smell....💔 For me, the following two weeks were spent in a major daze....I didn't really eat, and sleep was hard to come by. My heart still aches for Rookie, and I think about him daily, but I know he wouldn't want me constantly sad. Please be gentle with yourself, this is a long process. For me, this forum has been an immense help. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0