akeiko13
I lost my best friend last Monday, she was 13 years old and had multiple complications due to cancer. it's so hard to let go of the feeling and the guilt but I know she was ready to be at peace, I thought I was ready to let her go but I guess not. She felt at sleep in my arms at peace. She was such a great pet to my kids, and great support for me. In my darkest hours, at my worst she was there for me. After my last deployment to Iraq I hit rock bottom, but Roxy help me get through and made me a better man, father and friend. Now I feel guilty that maybe I could have done more for her. I know that in the end she was ok with the decision we made, she had a funny way to look at me with those brown eyes and letting me know everything was ok. I know she is waiting for me like she always did during my deployments and I know we will run together again in heaven. Love you Roxy
Quote 0 0
Liam00
I lost Murphy yesterday, I am absolutely destroyed right now, so I wont be much help. But its cool man, you are not alone, but this moment I feel so alone & my wife is just as messed up, so we keep on triggering each other.

Sorry, I am writing while very emotional. Sorry for you loss, nothing directly helps, but kind words from others in the same boat keep you going.... hang in there, it will be ok
liam
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
akeiko  Roxy is beautiful.  You have nothing to feel guilty about.  Roxy was very sick, and you did the right, humane thing for her.  She was there for you when you were not at your best.  You were there for her when she needed you the most.  Remember the 13 wonderful years you shared together.  It really sux that we all have these feelings of guilt.  it just seems to come along with our grieving.  You and I are not the only ones on this forum to feel guilt.

I also knew Winston was ready to be at peace.  I pray to God daily, that I spared him any needless suffering.  Which I feel i did, because i could see it in his eyes, and his failing body that he was ready.  I still grieve everyday, but I know i was there for him when he needed me the most.  I wish you peace through this hard time.   Huga   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
akeiko13
Thanks Sue and Liam !
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I`m so sorry, Roxy was a beautiful girl.  Even when we know deep down it`s  time to let them go,  we`re never really ready to say goodbye.  They share so many special times with us, all with that unconditional love.  We lost our 17 year old dog Jim 6 months ago, and I still have bad days, but I look back and am thankful that we had him in our lives, and I know we will see him again one day, just as surely as you`ll see Roxy.  Take care.

Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
camunki
Roxy is a beautiful girl..........i too lost my dog Munki at 13 years 10 months, also due to cancer......cancer sucks. Please know the first few weeks are the absolute worst. Try to keep Roxys memory alive, i do so by talking to my dogs daily, kissing the ashes and sleeping with her blanket this all does help. I still cry each day, going on well over 6 months, its just the missing them physically part. Please come back and post, it truly helps!

Cam

Quote 0 0
akeiko13
I think the hardest part is coming home and waiting for her to come Around the corner to greet me at the door. I stand there and I close my eyes just trying to hear her one more time. But when I open my eyes she isn't there.
Quote 0 0
GeeAnn
We had to say goodbye to our Riley on May 5 at age 13 and 9 months.  He looked a lot like your Roxy.  I have a picture of him on here on a previous post.  A cried a lot every day for a month but since then I have been better.  I still miss him immensely and still cry, but I am not consumed with his loss every minute as I was.  Guilt and second-guessing is a big thing when we have to make the decision instead of it happening naturally.  Silvermini posted some great information from a couple of articles on that and I highly recommend reading them as they really helped me get out of my own mind and allowed my mind to think logically.  

Please be kind to yourself and know that of course, you gave Roxy the best life ever and did the best thing for her right up until the end--and she knows that too.  
Quote 0 0