colinbrun
Yesterday I lost my best friend, Bailey was the my dog and had been since a brought him from the rescue centre 8 years ago.
The loss me and my wife feel is immeasurable. I feel not just I have lost my little mate but lost the will to carry on. If it was not for my wife who is grieving as much heaven knows were I would be.

He died yesterday after watching him deteriorate in the vet hospital for the last 5 days his skin and eyes
yellow from the toxins in his little body. We visited Bailey every day he never barked,he never wagged his tail, he was so ill but his beautiful eyes told me he wanted to come back home with us this is what pulls me apart he never did. I made the decision yesterday after praying every day for him to get better to put my little friend asleep.

He died in my arms wrapped in his favourite blanket without a murmur trusting me till the end.

I am so lost
colin
Quote 0 0
amanda
Dear Colin,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know the utter heartbreak too well. Bailey died in your arms surrounded by love - I can only hope that one day I go the same way. With my loved ones, wrapped in love. 

I lost my boy Ruben just over two weeks ago and Willow ten weeks before that. There were days I didn't want to go on and to be honest, there still are. But my boy would want me to live a full life like the one we shared. So I will try until I can see him again.

I hope and wish for peace in your heart. I am so sorry for your pain. Amanda

Quote 0 0
Idahosmom
Hi Bailey's dad,
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. It was an extremely difficult decision to make and I'm sorry that you had to be put in that position. Bailey is at peace now, no more suffering.
I understand the feeling of not wanting to carry on. I lost my Idaho 3 weeks ago. He was the love of my life and I feel so empty. My life doesn't seem to have much meaning now and I have lost my purpose. The grief is unbearable and I struggle to just get through each day. The way you loved Bailey, I suspect you would experience the same: every day is a struggle. I wish it didn't have to be this way for any of us. You're not alone. Warm embrace to you and your wife.
You'll get through this.
Quote 0 0
mandys_mommy
Dear Bailey's Dad,
my deepest sympathy for your loss. My little Mandy passed on October 2nd of kidney failure. Not a day goes by where I don't think if her and i will always ask myself if there was anything i could have done so she would still be alive. I will never know the answer. When i shared the news wirh our groomer she was very sad too and said 'unfortunately they don't live forever' and often they don't outlive us. This is the sad reality. But when we make the decision to get a pet we do this because we also want to give them a home and provide them with the best life they can have. You did exactly this. Think of the memories,write them down, write him a letter. You will go through this process in your own way,we are all different but we are not alone with our emptieness and sadness. I wish you much strength and courage to move on,one day at a time.
Quote 0 0
Radars_mom
I am so sorry for your loss :'(

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. --Isaiah 41:10
Quote 0 0