Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 8      1   2   3   4   Next   »
dukey8101

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Dukey, I miss you so much it hurts. I still am crying my eyes out. I pray to God every day for the strength to go on without you. Some days I'm OK, Today was terrible I can't stop thinking of you. You left me 6/27/15 saturday, 8 weeks ago today.  It's not getting better like every one tells me. It still hurts my heart so much. I am so sorry I had to let you go. You health was so bad, insulin shots 2 times a day, thyroid pills, blind from cataracts, and the worst was COPD, This is what caused you to not breath good. You were having such difficulty breathing, I had to ease your pain...forgive me. the Vet told me not to get another dog, because I had to heal first. I don't think I will ever heal.
god help me. Dukey send me signs that you are OK my baby..Love you forever..xoxoxoxxo dukie.jpg 

CB

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi,

I do feel for you. Dukey looks absolutely gorgeous. I know how the space left cannot be filled. For me, 10 weeks on, I cannot imagine ever wanting another pet. The loss feels too much and I couldn't love anything as much again. 8 weeks is hard, I know and understand. I don't think Dukey has anything to forgive you for, it is a horrible decison to make but you made it for Dukey's sake so Dukey wouldn't suffer. You will find each Saturday difficult, we all find that. I wish you peace and hope you receive signs from Dukey.

Reply with quote  #3 
My dog left me on a Saturday too but in April of this year. Like you I had to make the decision to euthanize as he was so very sick and had stopped eating, lost over half his body weight and many other problems.
Dukey was tiny, like my dog and it is so heartbreaking to see those tiny bodies invaded by disease robbing them of physical health and energy but also their spirits and "Joie de vivre".
Perhaps "mending" would be a better word for what we are aiming for. The wound will always be there but with time it will change. We will always love our dogs but as the months pass I can tell you that it gets easier. It is a long road and it is not easy but the pain does diminish somewhat.
I am so sorry for your loss. You are in good company here in the forum. We understand the heartbreak and we aim to support each other in the struggle to learn to live without them.
8 weeks is not a long time. You have suffered a tremendous loss. Be kind to yourself and try not to expect your grieving to follow a timetable. (I tried that.)
You are in my thoughts tonight.
dukey8101

Reply with quote  #4 
 Thank you so much Manjack for your kind words. Today was just a bad day, I am crying now. I hope you are right about it getting easier , but right now it doesn't seem possible.I will keep you in my prayers too. God help us all heal. 
dukey8101

Reply with quote  #5 
Hi CB, so sorry for your loss, and thank you for making me feel so not alone in my sorrow. Like you said Saturday is always going to make me feel sad. Hopefully we all receive signs from our beloved Furbabies. Peace and hugs to you.for your comforting words.    
CB

Reply with quote  #6 
No you are not alone in your sorrow. Here everyone understands and the support is the best. It comes from people who understand totally and without judgment and without minimising what it means to each of us. We will receive signs of that I'm sure, sometimes we just don't realise they are there. Dukey will find a way for you to feel his love. I wish you and Dukey peace, especially as I see you have had a bad day. I hope too there will be better ones and things get easier. This early on it seems hard to believe. The pain we are going through is worth it for all we gained.

Reply with quote  #7 
Hi CB, Today wasn't as bad as yesterday, I went to church and visited some friends, so it kept my mind busy. Thanks for taking the time to make me feel better. I hope we all get signs from our furbabies.  I hope you had a good day. Like you said things will get better, but we will never forget our babies. I wish you much peace today and always. 
MyBella

Reply with quote  #8 
Dear Tina,

Here it is, 52 long weeks for you since your precious Dukey had to leave, while today (Saturday) is the day and Monday marks the date, I will honor your Dukey both days.

Even though it has been a year Tina, your Dukey has never left your side, sure he may have gone on some great adventures with all his new friends, his new found power gives him the freedom to go wherever he likes and when ever he chooses, but your precious Dukey always surrounds you with his love, Dukey is forever close to you, not in the same form, but he is there Tina, listen closely as you whisper his name, that feeling you get in your heart...well that is his love, that is Dukey letting you know he will always be beside you, talk to him Tina, let Dukey know how much you still love him and how your love has even grown stronger...isn't it the most amazing and beautiful thing that your love for Dukey is stronger today than ever...so beautiful Tina. Hold your Dukey close to your heart and you will always feel Dukey's love.

So whenever you are feeling down or sad, which is perfectly fine to feel Tina, let those tears fall if they want, Dukey is worth each and every tear you have and it is quite alright that tears still fall....this is your body's way of healing, so let the body do what it needs to heal and never worry how long it takes, grieving has no time limit Tina, so no need to rush or push yourself. Even after over 14 months, tears still fall for me, sure they are getting softer (at times) but they still fall for my little girl. The love and bond we have with our precious loved ones will never end Tina, so never think you are alone, you aren't...and Dukey will make sure of that.

Thank you so much Tina for your support on Monday's, it is so great to share with you and to be able to talk with those who truly understand, you aren't alone Tina, Dukey made sure of that, we are here for you, always know you can contact any of us anytime you need or want to talk, we are all in this together...

Here's to Dukey, such an adorable photo above, may the many, many precious and loving memories of your precious Dukey bring you the peace and healing your heart and soul deserves and desires...baby steps is all we can be expected to take Tina, but man oh man, are those baby steps such a huge accomplishment.

Sending you my biggest and warmest wishes for a glorious day of beautiful memories of your Dukey, may those memories bring your heart and soul the peace it craves. 

Your Friend, Don

Image result for winnie the pooh quotes      Image result for winnie the pooh in my heart quotes

winstonsmom12

Reply with quote  #9 
Dukey I add my condolences for your loss.  Eight weeks, when you look at it isn't very long.  I lost Winston 3/2/16.  I still grieve and think of him daily.  The first month, for me was the worst.  I know in my heart, I did the best, most loving thing i could do for Winston.  He was suffering and growing old and frail before my eyes. 

Dukey, from what you have writtwen, sounds like he also was suffering.  Our final decision rips our hearts out.  I take solace in the thought that i spared Winston any more needless suffering.  All of us here, I believe did what we did out of our great love for our babies.  Take your Vets advice.  Give yourself all the time you need to heal.  Don't rush into anything that doesn't feel right to you.  I wish you peace and comfort through this ordeal.  Hugs  Sue

Reply with quote  #10 
Dear Lovely Tina,

May you have peace on the first anniversary of Dukey's passage to Rainbow Bridge and may you feel the warmth, caring, and gentleness that all of your friends here feel for you and Dukey in your time remembrance.

The photo of Dukey is so sweet, and I can see the love in his eyes for you and the life you shared.   He was your sunshine, but you know what?  You were his sunshine in return. 

Your kindness and concern for others every week at the Candlelight service tells me all I need to know about the way you understand and feel empathy for others who are walking the same road, and feel the deep grief that can only come when a dearly beloved family member passes. 

Please keep your faith for Dukey, that he is in heaven, with so many wonderful, beloved and loving others who have made their new home at Rainbow Bridge, including my kitty, Twirlie, who I just know has befriended Dukey, along with Bella, Gypsy, Keeco, and countless others.  Please always remember that Dukey was reborn and is now free of pain, and is whole again, and has his spirit renewed.  

I so look forward to seeing you every week, and I will make sure to be there with you in remembrance of Dukey tomorrow evening, Tina.   Please know I will be thinking of you *all day* and sending my prayers your way.

With a caring and loving heart, I am sending all my support to you; I know you will honor Dukey on the first anniversary of his passing in a beautiful and loving way. 

Yours in faith, understanding and friendship,
Grace and Twirlie xox
heart rainbow.jpg

"Now that the time has come
 Soon gone is the day,
 There upon some distant shore
 You will hear me say,
 Long as the day in the summer time
 Deep as the wine-dark sea,
 I'll keep your heart with mine
 Till you come to me"  (LM)

dukey8101

Reply with quote  #11 
Dear Grace.,                                                                                                                         Thank you so much for all your comforting words. I am crying my eyes out, but that's ok its good to cry. I am going to get Balloons for Dukey tomorrow and about 11:30am I will send them to Heaven. Don sent me the video of Bella's 1st Anniversary and it was nice, he even sent her a little ring.he said girls need their bling. I will talk to you tomorrow night hopefully.. We missed you last Monday. Hope Twirlie and Dukey are playing nice together. Your Friend Tina  xoxoxox clouds picture.jpg
GypsysPapa

Reply with quote  #12 
Hi Tina,

I want you to know that on this day, you and your precious Dukey are in my thoughts and prayers.  He is such a beautiful little guy and I can see looking into that gorgeous little face of his, just why you love and miss him so much.

I know nothing I can write or say can take your pain away but I hope you find some comfort knowing that you are not alone and you have found in me and the others on this forum, the empathy and support that is available to you because we unfortunately understand and can relate to your great loss.

Please believe and know that you will see your boy again one day and I hope through the tears, you can smile when you remember the joy he brought you.  He wouldn't want it any other way :)  

I love sharing the poem below because I believe it's true and I hope the words bring you some peace on this difficult day.  And please remember, you have support whenever you need it so please don't ever hesitate to reach out and ask for it.  That's why we're all here.  Blessings always to you and your precious little Dukey.

Your friend,

Luis (Gypsy's Papa)

I STOOD BY YOUR BED LAST NIGHT

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peek. 
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, 
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, 
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. 
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. 
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. 
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. 
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. 
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, 
in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning 
and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, 
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. 
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

~ Author unknown

dukey8101

Reply with quote  #13 
Hi Luis, Thank you so much for thinking of my Dukey. It hurts Today like it was yesterday. I miss the little terror so much. I sent Balloons to him Today about 11:30 am. I think you guys are so great to be so concerned about each other. Not many people feel like we do about our furbabies. I need those Monday nights. It makes me feel better knowing people feel so strongly for their pets. See you tonight.   Your Friend Tina
MyBella

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Tina,

Wishing you a beautiful weekend of the most wonderful and loving memories of your precious Dukey. May those precious memories and the wonderful fun loving antics of your Dukey bring with them the peace and healing your heart and soul desires and deserves.

Dukey will be sure to send you his love each and every day, especially when you are talking to him, nothing gives him more pleasure than to hear your voice and letting him know how much he is loved and adored.

Sending you my biggest and warmest wishes for continued peace and healing.

"See" you on Monday Tina.

Your Friend, Don
dukey8101

Reply with quote  #15 
Hello Don, Hope everything is well with you. Thank you for thinking of.me and Dukey. I do talk to him all the time. I know you carry Bella's urn with you. I won't do that I'm afraid I will lose it and then I will go crazy. I carry his picture in my pocket and he is with me always ..I have been feeding.some kittens in my back yard, they are so cute , 3 are all black and 1 is black with white paws . Keeps my mind occupied. so I don't think of my dukey every minute..Have a Safe and  Happy 4th of July.  Talk to you on Monday. Your Friend Tina
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.