Forum

Author   Comment  
Jmbrph

Reply with quote  #1 
How can I go on without her? She was the best dog I ever had, and I’ve had many dogs. She was 4 years old when I rescued her and I had her for 8 more years. She was part rat terrier and beagle; I thought I might have 2-3 more years with her.
It all began after having 19 teeth extracted a year ago. She was not herself and slowly worsening barely eating. We spent $3,000 a month ago treating infection & sepsis from the tooth extraction (root tips were removed, in doggy hospital for 6 days). This week we took her in again bc she would not eat. Blood tests showed liver, kidney, pancreas problems and almost NO red blood cells. We did not want her to suffer any longer with no chance of recovery.

Attached Images
jpeg AF0E598E-E80C-4DB0-9710-FFA76B754AD6.jpeg (333.34 KB, 5 views)

camunki

Reply with quote  #2 
a beautiful picture of your baby girl Snickers and I am so sorry for your loss, and yes, I think we all wish we could have 2 or three more years with our babies...yes, they are family.

This is all saw raw and new for you and your emotions and tears will be flowing like crazy, I do know the first few months are by far the hardest. We lose a piece of us.

Please know you are not alone and I am glad you kept the best care of your lil' girl and sad to see her taken away with kidney, liver and pancreas problems....my heart goes out to you.

Cam

Jmbrph

Reply with quote  #3 
You don’t know how much it means to me to read your kind words. I’m a semi-retired pharmacist who lives on a 100 acre farm where we raise trees as “instant shade” moved with our big treespades. I do all the mowing around the trees with a zero turn mower. (Most of the land is rented to an organic farmer.) I just went out to mow for a while, through the tears, but came back bc right now I feel all this is meaningless without the love of my Snickers when I come back in the house.
I didn’t sleep in our bed last night bc I couldn’t bear sleeping there without her beside me. Do you have any suggestions to speed up the grieving process?
Olgita256

Reply with quote  #4 
My sincere condolences. I lost my boy 2 years ago. I understand how you feel. I recall wanting to get through it all... unfortunately it’s a process and there’s no rushing it. I am just now getting back to doing things I used to enjoy like riding my bike and working out. With time you will see progress... we hurt much cause we loved much. ❤️
Jmbrph

Reply with quote  #5 
WE HURT MUCH BECAUSE WE LOVED MUCHThese words bring me a lot of comfort. Thank you SO much.
camunki

Reply with quote  #6 
yes the grieving path is a process, and thru many tears and meltdowns that come out of nowhere, that is part of the healing phase. I wish there was an easy way, but our Furkids mean the world and it is like losing a family member.

I used to sleep with my pets collar at night just to feel close (yeah, may sound silly) and even with the blanket she used to sleep on. I did make sure to *talk* out loud to my babies, every day, just so they can hear my voice, and I kiss the "ash packets" every morning. I even bought a necklace that I filled with ashes so my babies are close to my heart. My Jemma, Munki and Daizy all went to the Rainbow Bridge between Jan 2015 and Oct 2016 so it was a very difficult 21 month period. But i keep their memory alive.

Please keep talking about your beautiful Snickers and know he is your guardian angel, still with you............until you meet again!!!

Cam

Jmbrph

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for your beautiful words. I told my dear Snickers every time I walked by her that I loved her and that she was the BEST dog. I have guilt for not recognizing that she was sick and probably in pain....that I should have taken her to the vet earlier. I want her forgiveness. 
I so want to know that her spirit is with me.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.