Pongo3
I just lost my best friend Pongo of fourteen years on Monday.  Looking back to when you were a puppy I can see you always bounding after me. Like the time we went walking in the rain and you were so cold that I had to put you in my rain coat or the time I gave you too much cold water and you started shivering till I held you close to me. I will never forget the times you put your head in my lap and listened to my sorrows never judging just giving me a shoulder to cry on. I took you many times to work where you never met a stranger. When I met your daddy and had children you were always a gentle giant and never once complained when they pulled on your tail or tried to ride you. Even towards the end you were a perfect gentleman.
 I lost you all too suddenly and at times makes me feel like I can't breath. Knowing I will not see you in this lifetime makes me wonder if I can even make it. As pet owners we all know our time is limited but are never truly prepared. I feel like my whole world has come crashing down and have lately feel like I've been in a fog. If I only knew you would pass on that particular day I would have spent all night with you. At least you waited for me to come home the night before you passed. I love you with all my heart. Till then I can't wait to see you on Rainbow Bridge.
Quote 0 0
kittywitty

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you will seek comfort in sharing your stories about Pongo.  Please don't feel afraid to post on here to vent about your grief.  You gave Pongo a great life and he loved you for that.  He also knows how much you loved him and will be waiting at the bridge for you.  Again, I am so sorry for your loss. 

Angela - "kittywitty"

Please visit my Pumpkin Patch's memorial site at:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/PUMPK021/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Pongo3
Thank you so much for your kind words. I hope this gets easier because I know he would not want me to suffer like this.  It seems each night since his death all I can do is cry and think about him. Today is my birthday and it doesn't even seem like it.  All I want to do is see him again.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Oh, Pongo's Mama,

You have summed up the feelings that all of us have known.  My heart aches for the sorrow you feel now. 

I am picturing Pongo at the Rainbow Bridge, his strong wings lifting him to the heavens where he soars among the angels now.  What a magnificent creature he is. 

I hope and pray you will have a dream visit or some kind of special sign from your sweet Angel Pongo in your dreams.

xoxoxo

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
DebbieD
I am so sorry for your loss. I also lost my precious Misty just Sunday and it's still very raw.

You're right that when we take our wonderful friends in, somewhere we know this day will come. And we do it anyway. But even for all the grief I feel at Misty's loss, I wouldn't trade it in because then it means we wouldn't have had this life we shared and I wouldn't give that up for anything. You've already written such wonderful memories so hopefully they help sustain you.
Quote 0 0
Pongo3
Thank you so much.  I am also sorry to hear about your loss as well. I take comfort in finding a place like this to talk to others in the same situation.  I am sure my Pongo and your Misty are running around having the time of their lives in Rainbow Bridge.
Quote 0 0
Tonya

Dearest mommy of Pongo,    Hugs and lots of them.......

My heart and soul cries out for you. Love drops fall as I
read your post.
The memories flood your mind and soul.
Memories that you hold close to your chest,
forever, holding on to them as they travel
through your mind day after day, night after
night.   Ohhhhhhhh   I'm so sorry for the loss of your
precious beautiful Pongo.  My heart breaks with yours.
You don't know me, but that's ok, just know that
I and others here know what you are going through.
You have lost a child, a family member.
What a blessing it was the day Pongo came into
his forever loving home and you were chosen to be
his mommy . No other mommy would have done so
it was you that was chosen and what a blessing.
You gave him all that he needed, all the love that he
needed and he knows this and will never forget.
He will send signs to you to let you know this.
I promise, the signs always come. When you least
expect it.
There is a golden cord that flows down to us from
the bridge.  It brings us the signs, visits and gifts
that our babies leave us to let us know.
I'm ok, I'm well and healthy and can run and play
and I Will never be sick again and I will always watch
over you, I will always love you.  While I wait for the
time for us to be together again, I will run and play with
my new family.  I will send you the smells from the
beautiful meadow of wild flowers.
He Will tell you, we live in harmony domestic and wild life.
One large loving family and the angels watch over us.
They hold me in their arms and love me just like you
mommy.  Just like you.

Pongo's mommy,  go out at night and look above,
look at all the beautiful babies in the night sky,
winking,  Pongo is one of those stars.
Feel the soft wind brush across your face
ohhh  it is a kiss from him to you.

You are not alone.  You are always being watched.
You will hear him, you will feel his presence.
His precious spirit is all around you.

God bless you and I pray you find a bit of piece
here.  This is a blessed place.  By bringing your
baby Pongo here you have brought his spirit here,
you have brought him here for all of us to love.
And ohhh how we love them all.

(((((((  Pongo  ))))))  we love you precious beautiful boy  xoxox
Sprinkle some of your angel dust on your mommy darling.

Tonya Mesha Gails mommy Babies and Maggie Mae's too at the bridge
Mommy to living baby Kit Kat AND as of 7/14/2010 Cotton (puppy)
For the love of our babies
They are the reason
Forever and Always Forever and a Day
Oh what a love is the love of our babies
A love like no other. Love drops fall

MY PRECIOUS SWEET GIRL Mesha Gail My Very Heart and your Shane's too
**http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/MESHA001/Resident.htm

REMEMBERING MERCY xoxoxox oh what a love.
**http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/MERCY0031/Residents.htm

REMBERING MAX passed 12/1/2009 xoxoxox We love you MAX xoxoxo
Shane and I love you.

My true register date is Jan. 2006 ****** it took me that long before I cold talk about my loss.
Quote 0 0
Pongo3
That was the nicest thing anyone has ever written or said to me. Words cannot express how much what you sent means to me.  I am going to print what you wrote and save it inside the box with his ashes. I cannot thank you enough. You are a very kind person. You said they send signs. Please elaborate on this. What kinds of signs did your baby send?  Just the other day for my birthday I went to the spa.  When I went into the ladies changing room I was drawn with the melody of a song. When I listened closer I could keep hearing let me go let me go over and over again. I don't know if this is a sign.  Has anyone else had signs? If so I would love to hear about them.  Thank all of you I feel like I have found people to hold me tight and hug me during this time in my life. I am so glad I found this place!

Quote 0 0
Ponchosmommie
Pongo's Mommie, you should read the book Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan. It brought me so much comfort after losing Poncho. You will learn about signs and their spirits...it made me feel so much better. I couldn't put it down.

I'm so sorry about Pongo. I can't stand to see any animal hurt or in pain, so when I read here about other people losing their pets, it's painful. I wish they could all live forever...but like someone on here told me, if they did, who would take care of them and love them like we did?

I thought it was impossible to ever feel anything but pain again after losing Poncho, but time does heal as far as the "I hurt so much, I feel like I can't breathe" pain...that was awful! After 17 weeks, I think of Poncho every day...his urn is right here, and I talk to him every day. His pictures scroll on my computer, and sometimes I just sit and look at him. The tears still fill my eyes, but it's like they help you get through it.

Please read the book...I think it will lift your spirits. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Quote 0 0
Pongo3
Thank you so much.  The book should be here tomorrow.  I hear the first week is the hardest.  I find myself ok at times then all of a sudden I break down crying. I  miss him so much! My husband saw a sign today.  When he was younger Pongo had gotten into a box a fortune cookies in my dad's garage.  He must have eaten at least ten or more wrapper and all! He ended up throwing them all up. This week we have been finding wrappers in the car and around the house. Also, my child has a learning table that plays music. Pongo use to hit it all the time with his tail causing it to play music. Lately, it has been going off with no one in the room at least six or more times it has never gone off before.  We even moved it and it still went off.  I hope this is a sign that he is ok.
Thanks to all that has been my support. I really feel so much better having someone to talk to about this.
Quote 0 0
Ponchosmommie
You can't ask for better signs than that!!  He's letting you know he is fine and that he is still there in spirit. The first weeks are so painful. I cried all the time and felt like I couldn't breathe. I can't think of anything worse short of losing a child, because he WAS like a child to me. It's an almost unbearable pain.

After suffering for 2 1/2 months, I got Rocky. Poncho, as you can see in the picture, was white. Rocky is black and brindle. I look at him as Poncho's little brother. I really feel like Poncho led me to him, because I was talking to another breeder, and the last time I talked to her, I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that something wasn't right. About 2 hours after talking to her....I found Rocky. I had no idea until I met his breeder that she is the mother of my niece's best friends' husband! She has been breeding for 15 years and she had an ad in the paper. If I had gone with the first breeder, I would never have looked in the paper! When I got Rocky home, I had a light blink 5 times...this light never did that before, nor has it since. Rocky acted skiddish at first, which is normal. He went to sleep, and when he woke up at 2 am to potty, he acted like he had always been here! It gave me goose bumps and still does. I know Poncho is here with us...there's not a doubt in my mind!

I'm glad you're getting the book. It helped me so much. Take care of yourself, and know that it will get better. Right now, you probably don't think so, because I didn't either. I still get tears, and I talk to Poncho every day...but it's a lot better.

Quote 0 0
Pongo3
I am so sorry for your loss of Poncho.  How wonderful that he lead you to another breeder.  I am so sorry for your loss as well.  They are like children and some people don't understand that.  Thank you so much for your kind words.  I feel each person I am talking to it helps me to heal.  Today I will visit his body to tell him goodbye. I am so afraid that this is the last time I will ever see him.  I don't want to let him go I know this sounds selfish . I have even contemplated freeze drying him which costs a ton.  Any advice would be good. Thanks!
Quote 0 0