Brent
at 3:48 pm yesterday 2/11/15 my baby Maxx took her last breath..  She was 11 years old and my life.  2 weeks ago she stopped eating and was passing large amounts of blood when having a bowel movement...  we thought this was because of her IBS, took her to her vet and the usually treatment just didn't work...  spent two nights in an emergency animal hospital tooke up to an IV...  brought her home and she seemed to be doing a little better.  was drinking a lot and cleaning herself, but still was not eating..  then she stopped drinking all together...  she was having a hard time walking and couldn't even go 3 feet without laying down to rest.  my wife and i had to make the hardest decision of our life and take Maxx to the vet for the final time.... I have never been so alone, depressed and full of guilt in my entire life.   I hope you are happy and healthy in heaven baby and i will see you again...

IMG_0428.JPG 
Quote 0 0
faradayh
What a beautiful picture of you and Max.  I am sorry for your loss.  The time with our fur babies is much too short.  My 4 schitzu all got old together.  I've lost 2 in the last 6 months and 1 more is also ready to go.  It's very difficult.  That picture and the memories will last a lifetime.
Faraday Hosseinipour
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Brent,
I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your precious Maxx.  I understand the grief, heartache and guilt that you feel...it is what we all go through.  I just want to remind you that the reason you are feeling these overwhelming emotions is because you were so privileged to be Maxx's daddy.  She blessed your life beyond your wildest imagination and she will remain in your heart forever, until she can be in your arms again.
She is now playing with all of the other angels at Rainbow Bridge while she waits until it is your time.
I wish you peace and healing and I hope that the memories of Maxx can soon bring you more smiles than tears.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Brent
I am so sorry for the loss of your Maxx. She is such an incredibly gorgeous girl!

The grief and guilt go hand in hand , I think because they are so dependent on us for everything it's almost like we can never do enough, pay them back for all they gave and are to us
I think pretty much everyone on this forum has guilt for one reason or another
I had to make the same decision to let my Byron go 4 months ago come Tuesday, he had just turned 16 a few days prior. He will always be the love of my life, no question

Continue to reach out to folks here, losing a beloved animal companion is a loss like no other and we can all relate in some way

Again , I'm very sorry your loss.

Take care,
Diana and her better half, B

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
shantismom
What a beautiful baby your Maxx is.  It is so difficult to say goodbye even when we know is it for the best.  Your gave Maxx a loving home and took care of him as long as you could.  He loved you and you loved him.  The price we pay for the love we get is the pain we feel now.  But our babies are worth the pain for the privilege of having had them in our lives.
My Shanti died on October 30th, he was the best cat ever.  The cat love of my life and I will always miss my beautiful blue eyed boy.  But the pain has begun to recede some and in time I will think of him with a smile instead of a tear.  You will do the same with your Maxx, after while you will just feel the warmth of remembering without the heartbreak.
My prayers are with all the ones grieving for their loved ones.

Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Maxx such a beautiful girl, I'm so sorry you lost her. It's normal to feel guilty but please remember that you made a decision based off of the love you have for her. You did not want her to suffer, your intuition kicked in and let you know it was time. Let yourself grieve in your own way and in your own time. I believe you and your wife will see Maxx again, have faith in that.

~ Leah
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
Brent

i hope it is OK to post this here..  But i created a small video for Maxx and i would like to share it.
Quote 0 0
shantismom
Thank you for posting, this video is such a nice tribute to your Maxx.
If you have the time you can look at my post Here is My Beautiful Shanti.  This is my baby boy.
I always like to see the pictures people post.

Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Brent
That was a lovely tribute to your Maxx
It's evident how integral she was in your life and the special bond you shared
Thank- you for sharing, there is no greater love than the unconditional love we share with our beloved animal companions

I've attached a few photos of my beloved boy in one of his many relaxed poses

Take care
Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0